Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[XP]Simple Passive Skill[XP]

Simple Passive Skill:

Detailed Description:
This is my first RMXP made game, and I've been putting a lot of time into it, and searching for scripts that I think would be useful. I however have not found a good, separate "passive skill" script for RMXP.

Basically, all I'd want the script to do is;

Either (option1) easiest... in my mind;
Any skill, in the skill database window set to "Occasion (Never)" would be a passive skill, and because the user can never "actively" use that skill, it would ALWAYS be active.
So in theory, you could create a "Fighter's Natural Strength" skill, set it to Never, and make it give a +20 STR, which he would always have, as long as he was a fighter, and the correct level to get the skill.

Or (option2)... more customizable;
Create in the script a way for users to add skills they want to be passive; as such
skill_id 4 = true
skill_id 8 = true
skill_id 10 = true

All other skills are default false (for being active skills)
Once set to a passive skill, the skill would become not use-able from in battle, or from the menu.

Other options could be added, to allow passive skills to add to max hp, sp, or make characters immune to effects;
example) if a character is of say the elven race, they might be immune to sleep affects (or poison) and it would be nice to make a Passive Skill called "Racial: Elf" and enable the character to be immune from sleep/poison

If there is something out there already that does this, and only this... please point me in that direction... I'm trying to learn some Ruby, but this script just seems beyond my beginner level.

Other Scripts I am using (in order):
RO-Job Skill v1.0: by Blizzard
Easy LvlUp Notifier v2.0: by Blizzard
Easy Party Switcher v2.11b: by Blizzard
Tons of Add-ons v5.40b: by Blizzard
-- active add-on scripts
-- - Fullscreen
-- - Blackfade
-- - Unique Skill Commands

Thanks,
Mystery

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.