Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[xp]Ryex's Collapsing CMS

Ryex's Collapsing CMS
Authors: Ryex
Version: 2.51
Type: CMS

Introduction

As many on you know I have been working on a fully animated CMS that takes advantage of the collapsed CMS's layout. this is the result. a visually appealing and space efficient Custom Menu System.

Features

• Gradient Bars for Health, SP, and EXP that lag less through entire menu
  • Fully Animated
  • Map as background
  • Every menu is designed to fit in a smaller area so as to show the map and provide a more flowing feel
  • Icons in command menu
  • Small only visible when you need it actor select menu
  • Options menu with BGM/SFX volume change and Plug-In capability

Screenshots

Equipmenu.png
Equipmenuitems.png
Itemmenu.png
Mainmenu-1.png
Mainmenuwactiorslect.png
Optionmenu.png
Optionmenuvolume.png
Skillmenu.png
Skillmenuwtarget.png
Statusmenu.png

Demo

MiedaFire

Script

Instructions

in script

Compatibility

This is a one scene CMS so it only modifies Scene_Menu. In other words it should be compatible with anything but other CMS's

Credits and Thanks

• Ryex
  • WcW (Plug-In capability)

Author's Notes

Enjoy!

NOTE: I (the author) do NOT provide support in this thread. I simply don't visit this forum often enough. another scripter may be able to offer help but if you need support from me please go here http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2365.0

hmm I don't remember being on RMXP Unlimited, but I may have. in hay case I've improved a TON sense I first made this as proof take a look at the other scripts I submit over the next hour or so

fine by me. the methods your looking for are something like "draw_hp_bar_ryex" "draw_sp_bar_ryex" ect. I added them to the bitmap class I think

just be sure to credit me :P

well one of two things happened either you messed with the configuration and suddenly the default volume for BGM's was set to nill.
or you put the script above another script that overwrites the Game_System init method

I'm guessing the latter, just put the CMS below your other scripts and you will be fine

I hate to contradict your solutions but I have yet to make any alterations to your script and I've placed your script in multiple locations while still retaining the error message above in each location. Any other solutions?

well I doubted it was the configuration error. but really that error is impossible unless Game_system has been inited properly...
do me a favor and place this line right above the problem line and screen shot the pop up box. you can remove the line after
Code:
p bgm.name, bgm.volume, vol, bgm.pitch

ya as I thought the two lines I aliased into game_system's init method aren't running thats the only way @bgm_volume can possible be nil, unless of course some other script is assigning to it.

when you say you figured it out can you enlighten me? in case other have the same problem I can help them better.

I was trying to load a previous save file to test your script in my game... So there was nothing incorrect with your script and it works just fine so far. I'll probably make edits to it sometime this week.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.