Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Xenogears Script

Xenogears Battle Script:

After playing a wide array of turn-based games, I found the combat system for Playstation's Xenogears to be the most entertaining. Each turn when you attack, there's an AP meter to the right of the screen. There are three type of attacks: light (triangle button), medium (Square Button), and heavy (X button). Each attack consumes 1, 2, and 3 AP respectively. When the AP in the AP meter runs out, the attack ends. Certain button combinations cause the character to perform combos as well.

Another noteworthy factor is the Special meter at the top of the screen. This meter accumulates all the AP you didn't use while performing a standard battle attack. The points on this meter allows the player to chain combos together depending on their AP cost.

Everything else in combat is more or less standard. You cast spells and use items the same way you would in any other turn-based rpg.

The only other thing I need to mention as that the game has a separate system for mechs in the game. since there aren't any giant robots in my story, I won't be needing that script (and it's kinda boring anyway).

Anyway, that's the script I'm looking for. I'd add screenshots, but I have no idea how. I think it would be easier to just watch a video of it on Youtube or something.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.