Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

XAS ABS Help

RPGS

Sorry for no screenshot but this is an unlogiccaly problem, I´ve made EXACTLY as XAS tuto is (and COPIED it to just change graphic)

I have made the poses for Izidor (Main character in Ameth : Creation of Planets) : Attack, Stand, Hit etc. BUT how to make them happen, example when attacking (now gun as example) there comes a bullet, as the tool says, BUT Izidor won´t CHANGE the graphic to "Izidor.ATK" (ATTACK POSE) Even if I have written it within the script AS THE TUTORIAL EXPLAINS

Please help me change Izidors pose to Attack (The one I drew) with scripting . I have all parts of XAS scripts, but I´m only using arrow and bow Tools since this will be a FPS , please help !

IF not I will have to do this with events (Nearly IMPOSSIBLE 0_o)

Completed Projects :
Ameth I, Sword of The Shadow

Games in Progress :
12133465.png

Your request is a bit vague my friend. If you are doing everything you are supposed to be doing, you shouldn't get an error. The only thing I can understand from your post is that

1.You are using the XAS ABS

2.You copied and pasted an event from that tutorial into your game

3.You copied and pasted all of the required scripts from the demo into your game

4.You changed the character graphic in the event you copied and pasted.

5.For some reason, the monster will not do what it is suppose to do.

Now, here is a tutorial specifically about the battle system you are using. It tells you how to set up monsters and all that.

http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Battle/XAS_02a.html

~Josh

RPGS

Okey thank you !!! Acctually, the problem is not that I got an error, but that I do not think it is logiccaly understandable, for example an enemy event(according to the tuto) :

PAGE 1 : Activate Self Switch D - PAGE ´2 : Self Switch D (ON) Movement + Attacks of monster

you see ? WHERE does it stand that The Player is near ? Must be the script

But I will learn with time, I´m working with Ameth : Creation of Planets now, it will be a FPS :)

I must take time learning moer of XAS ABS

Davey

You need patience to understand the XAS Battlesystem, and you really need to read the whole tutorial. The 2 questions you are asking can just be found in the tutorial! (at Tools that have a cost of an Item and Invulnerable enemies to certain tools.) :crazy:

Btw: You need to wait 72 hours before bumping.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.