Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Writing Literature

Cerus

Is anyone reading or have read books dealing with writing for games or writing in general. I am currently reading "Character Development and Storytelling" and a few others which are very good, but I'm interested in knowing whether there is anything else out there that would be useful.

DISCUS

Cerus

serrated_colon":10b1qjoa said:
writing for games is like writing a story
don't go for books about games in general they usually suck

Thanks for the links but I would have to strongly disagree that they are the same, writing for novel or written format is a lot different from a game...just think of how the player interacts with a story in the first place...I could go on and on about the differences but I won't.

I think though that reading the book I mentioned may change your outlook as it covers the basis of storytelling and suggests how you can create something compelling that works with your game format.

My two cents

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.