Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Would Like Level Up Weapon/Equipment Script

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not but i need some help. I can't figure out how to make a weapon leveling system. If anyone has played the game Dark Cloud or Dark Cloud 2 then you know what i am talking about. But if you don't the system is like this; Instead of the character leveling up the weapon does it becomes more powerful and eventually turns into a even stronger sword. Another example from Dark Cloud you have a dagger and you beat a bunch of bad guys and it levels to a dagger +1 and it is stronger. I'm sure i saw how somewhere but i don't remember and i would be very grateful if somebody could tell me how to do this. Also tell me if you don't get what i am talking about.

well I cant exacly help, but you should ask in the scripts forum. Something like this couldnt be done with events I'm sure....well maybe, but it would be on looooooong thing. You should also post this in the scripts forum like I said before, or ask a mod to move it for you.
sorry I cant really help, but post it there and somebody should be able too.

Well, this could be accomplished with events but would take a lot of careful thought and planning. Just off the top of my head, you'll probably have to use variables and assign each weapon a variable. Then, you could add a variable every time an enemy is defeated with a particular weapon. Once, a weapon's variable reaches a certain number, it could level up. Now, let's say you have a dagger, like in your above example, and the dagger levels up when the dagger variable is at 10. At this point, you'll probably have to switch out weapons and have another weapon called, Dagger lv2 or something. This would be very tricky and complicated because you have to take into account the wielder of the weapon as well. A system like this might cause lag if you're using parallel process events to check the equipment's variable. Or you could check the equipment's variable after every battle.

I think I have heard of a level up equipment script, but I'm not sure. If you would like for this to be moved to script requests, please report your thread to be moved and I'll take care of it for you. If you would like to attempt it with events, it should stay here.

Look for the report button on the left side in the username box.

I'll go ahead and move this to script requests. I did a little searching and didn't see an existing script. I saw that there was a similar request that had not be fulfilled. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

I'd like to edit my post, but I'm not sure if the author of the post would notice the change if he hasn't been checking recently.

I have found a weapon level up script on another forum, and I've posted a support request thread here. Hope that helped.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.