Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content World of Thaino!!

Dead content awaiting restoration.
http://www.worldofthaino.com/Images/header2.gif[/img]

World of Thaino

The scourge started back when Dretch, the Overlord, came through the Dark Portal with his destructive minions.  Not long after Dretch came through and started destruction over the continents of Meshi and Vascar, did a hero named, Sigmund, come around and decide to take on the challenge of fighting this demon.  His quest was taken up on the behalf of Grim.  Grim is a mysterious figure that died in the past, and has come to try to get someone to go back into the Dark Portal to allow her to come back to life. 
“Stupid.  .  .â€

Oh dear. You really should try putting in the effort to copy and paste over your post. It must be so tough to do that.

As is, this will likely end up reported for advertising. Just warning ya.

As to the actual project... Not bad. It seems presented fairly well. One tip, though? Don't insult the readers of the topic. Yeah, I'm talking about this.
Screenshots - For you lazy people that don't want to go through my site to see them... [link removed so as to comply with advertising rules]
Some people don't really like having to visit your site to decide if they like your project.
Just a heads up from your local friendly gratheo.

Can we get some screenshots of the actual game, as opposed to menus?  Also, your grammar needs some work, and more information about the characters would be welcome.  What drives them?  What do they look like?  With what's up there, I don't see anyone being interested enough to download.

gammer":142dgoqq said:
So, does anyone happen to like the game?  Oh! And Btw, I have changed the maps in the full game....they are way better mapped.
Would you mind uploading some new screenshots so we can see, then? It'd only help your project.

Cygnea

Sponsor

I took a leap of faith and decided to download. After five minutes, enough to go through the opening and wander around a bit, I decided there was nothing convincing me to keep going.

Quite early, it becomes very clear that your game lacks direction, and not in a good Legend of Mana way. You throw the player straight into things and expect them to figure out what to do without giving them any clues, and I'm left with a ton of questions:

Who is the person with the scythe that appears in front of me and why is he or she asking me to go on a quest? Does s/he know me? Do I know them? Has s/he heard of me somewhere, or simply stumbled across me? Who are the characters I control and why are they so willing to do anything for a stranger, something they have no information about except that it's admittedly dangerous? Why am I standing out in the middle of nowhere, next to a tent that has an interior much too large? Where am I supposed to go; how I am supposed to find this Dark Portal?

I should be able to find this kind of information out in the game, not be forced to read it in the thread.

I can't get a feel for anyone - within the first few seconds, Sigmund wonders why he should accept this question only to be turned around with a few words and a random pendant in return. The other man - You, who I suppose was supposed to be nameable - never says a word and might as well not be there.

So far, I'm not impressed and you're not giving players a reason to want to play your game.

My advice: don't rely on people to read your background, and revise the beginning so that anyone can play it. If this is a meeting between two friends and a stranger, show that - show how the two interact, if they're suspicious, why they'd agree to something like this, why they're where they are in the first place... Give some clear direction as to where to go; wouldn't these two ask for some clues, or make up a plan before going anywhere?

Hmm, that made me think, and yes, in the real game, it is like that, but the demo is out there to test the features.  I have already redone to beginning, and I am working on the dialog.  Please forgive the poor demo, it was just for people to see what is going to be in-game.  ALSO, this game is more like a free-roam than a full-on story-line.  There is just story-line in there to make to game a little more interesting.  Please forgive me for not putting out the full game as a demo....I guess I will put out a full game demo in the near future with all the features and game-play as the full game.  But a little less features.  Thank you for your feedback, that was exactly what I was looking for from someone....I knew my game demo wasn't that good. 

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.