Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Working Map Zoom Script(s)

I was hoping one of you could help me with this. I've found several scripts, (including one of Sephiroths) that are supposed to allow the game to zoom. Unfortunately, I can't get any of them to work. So, I'm making this request. If you would like to help me, here's what I want:

A script that will take the map screen, and zoom the tiles and tileset to 50% of their normal size. (so that the game appears to be operating on a 16x16 pixel tileset) Also, if possible, it will take events and the main character and zoom them out to the same point as well.

If that doesn't work, I would greatly appreciate someone making a script to force the game to use a 16x16 tileset. I'm currently only using the SDK, but I may add other scripts as I need them. Please help, and thank you for taking the time to read my post. Even if you can't help, have a nice day.

shadowfox;209728 said:
Code:
RESOLUTION = [(320).to_f, (240).to_f]

mess with the 320 and 240

Actually, I figured that part out. (Thanks anyway) I mean once I delete the lines:

Code:
    Win32API.new('kernel32', 'GetPrivateProfileString','PPPPLP', 'L').call("Game", "Title", "", title, 256, ".\\Game.ini")
    title.delete!("\0")

What do I do to resize the Microsoft default window around the game?

shadowfox;209774 said:
not quite sure, might wanna post on the thread and ask Bluescope.

Thanks. It's more because of the way the game looks instead of how it plays. You see, when I added the basic microsoft window, it made it so that the window was the original RMXp game size, and it looks kind of odd in a low resolution playing a game in the top left-hand corner. Thanks for all your help!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.