Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Window Skin

This was either made in Paint or with extreme lazyness :P Hm, lets see ...

-3 for bad color choice (really really off)
-1 for lazyness
-2 for too big contrast
-1 for Photobucket ^_^

+1 for keeping the base structure and not messing it up :D (common first-timer error)

Makes 4/10 ...

Your color choice is really poor. Orange is okay, but not the bright shade you used. Also, the lime green is headace-inducing. Also, the pattern looks very simple, quick, and lazy.

2/10

For a first try, it's okay. Next time try looking at a window skin you like, and picking similar colors.

Oohhh, it's pumpkin themed? I suppose the arrow is supposed to be a pumpkin then? They look like suitcases, I would try rounding them out. Also, use darker greens and oranges. Bright colors bother people.

NexS

its nice and basic... i like that... the only prob i see is that light green, other than that i like it...
---6.5/10---
i really don't like the green :S lol

Mac

Ok well let me get back in action with reviewing...*coughs*

Good Points

1. Its very colourful so it would suit a cartoony style game.

Bad Points

1. Very bad choice in colour..such high toned colours give people headaches and due to it being on a PC screen it actually damages the eyes lol.

2. The diagonal line texture you added is awful..it would honestly be better without it, but then it would still bad.

3. The cursor pointers arent very nice but then again the reason is the colour.

4. Very boring in general.

Evaluation

Not that bad for a first, but you really need to think about your colours and textures...i would recommend toning down your colours alot...nobody really likes and illuminous windowskin. Also with your textures...a line tool with a slightly darker version of the colour you were already using isn't exactly amazing...try adding patterned designs and make sure it all links together well.

So keep trying!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.