Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Window class rewrite

Atoa

Script Request Template
The rewrite of the window class.

Script Title:
Window class rewite
RMXP or RMVX:
XP
Detailed Description:
I want the code of the Window class, one of the hidden classes of RMXP.
I'm sure that someone made na rewrite of that class but i can't find it.
but I'm sure that already saw that in somewhere.

Atoa":1vytr0h9 said:
Script Request Template
The rewrite of the window class.

Script Title:
Window class rewite
RMXP or RMVX:
XP
Detailed Description:
I want the code of the Window class, one of the hidden classes of RMXP.
I'm sure that someone made na rewrite of that class but i can't find it.
but I'm sure that already saw that in somewhere.

I seem to recall a window class rewrite as well. Be warned though, it wasn't true to the original. Specifically, it was rewritten to allow you to change the width of the window border. Also, just so you know, the original class was written in C++, meaning that using a rewrite will slow down your game, even if only slightly. (And that it can never be completely true to the original class)

Atoa

@Glitchfinder
I'm aware of the risks, i just want a way to change the window backgroud draw, i hate that "strech" effect(it's looks terrible with non gradient WS), i want an plane like bg for the window.

@Zeriab
Again saving my life ;D

Atoa":124j2fqo said:
@Glitchfinder
I'm aware of the risks, i just want a way to change the window backgroud draw, i hate that "strech" effect(it's looks terrible with non gradient WS), i want an plane like bg for the window.

@Zeriab
Again saving my life ;D

Have you looked up Windows in the help file? There's a simple, default method that you can easily call to make a window background tile instead of stretching.

Edit: All right, I looked it up. If you're editing a window script, all you have to do is set self.stretch = false in the initialize method, preferably towards the bottom. If editing a scene, you'll set @window_variable.stretch = false, for the same effect. I'm sure you have the scripting knowledge to figure the second one out.

Zeriab

Sponsor

It's always a pleasure to save your life. (Have I done it before ?_?)
I have never tried it myself nor really looked at it so I don't know how valuable it will be.
I look forward to see your applications of it.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Atoa

stretch
The wallpaper display method. If TRUE, stretches the wallpaper graphic; if FALSE, tiles it. The default value is TRUE.
It was right in front of my eyes '-'
Since i knew that the help file doesn't have the Window Class code, i didn't checked it. What a shame D:

@Zeriab
You saved it more times than you think (even if you don't know xD)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.