Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Which story ideas are most interesting? (see post) (REVISED)

Which story ideas are most interesting? (see post)

• Wild China

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Survival

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Around the World

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Meerkats

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Otters

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Prehistoric

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
3 was deleted so do not include in poll anymore

These are my ideas for any story/book/novel I make. I will eventually try making a chapter for each one once I've thought it through more. In the poll above, please 3 or less ideas that seem most interesting to YOU personally. Thanks in advance! The ideas are as follows:

1. Wild China:
On the forgotten, steep cliffs of China, a [group] of monkeys struggle to survive against the elements, hunger, and above all: predators. Foxes constantly hunt the monkeys to get a meal. In the end the arch-rival creatures must ally with each other in order to save their home. The foxes eventually stop harassing the monkeys, and they continue their alliance.
-animals can talk to each other
-no human essence (weapons, tools, buildings) (this is what I am thinking so far)
-a serious story

2. Survival Horror
A survival story involving humans as the main characters, and aliens/mutations/zombies/etc. as the bad guys. Think of LOST, Resident Evil, or Jurassic Park.

3. Meerkats
In the African scrub-land, a clan of meerkats thrive. The alpha-female gave birth to two sons: one evil, the other, good. The evil son rallies followers, and strikes the clan and kills the good son. He retreats and dwells in the out-lands, practicing his new-found magical powers a evil beast taught him. Back at the clan, the alpha-female gave birth to another good son. Who seeks to avenge his brother's death, and save the clan.
-magic (though no necessary)
-somewhat serious
-use human essence (primitive dwellings, tools, etc.)

5. Otters
In the mysterious, lush rain-forests of the South American, Amazon jungle, giant otters live their daily lives in and along the Amazon river and its tributaries. One ore more giant otters must save their home or an otter from human threat (most likely). The humans in the end learn of their mistakes, and have a new view on the lives of animals and nature.
-giant otters could be substituted for River or Eurasian otters (and their habitats)
-developed or undeveloped in terms of civilization

6. Prehistoric
Humans (and dinos) fight each other, as in like Jurassic Park, or co-exist, as in Dinotopia.

:grin: You read my mind! That Discovery Channel show of this woman saving giant otters was compelling! ...Not to mention the most compelling otters of all; the otters from the Tales of Redwall! :thumb:

Oh come on more developed replies please! Btw, what's wrong with Redwall :box: ? I'm sure you have a certain animal/alien/human you like to have as characters in your stories :|:

I read a lot of animal PoV books when I was younger. Redwall was in a series of books wasn't it? I'm pretty sure I read Redwall.

Anyways, I prefer the animals to stay animal like. I'd list a bunch of books as examples but I don't feel like looking up titles. Putting them in weird settings like scifi makes them less of what they are.
The movie Babe for example. Even though the animals talked to each other and had their own little barn yard community, they were still animals. They didn't walk around on their hind legs and lived like humans. The Wild China idea is the most appealing to me, although it depends what that threat actually is. Don't do the whole "humans are destroying the environment" thing. Over done.

Otters vs. Dinos... I don't think that would flow? Maybe... (boy am I hypocritical!)

Well er, dinosaurs are quite big compared to otters, no? Besides would they be eurasian, giant, or river? Are they 'civilized'? lol. Though I was thinking of a sci-fi otter game lol...

Oh and coyotecraft,you say for animals to act like animals, but what abou Redwall? By the way, on that series (I read all of 'em :D), the animals act like humans, usually walking the same too... but I usually envision them without (or not much) clothes on.

lol curse you Brian Jacques (Redwall author)! You made me love otters :P

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.