Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Which ABS ?

Jason

Awesome Bro

I know theres alot of ABS' scripts floating around, and I mean lots, but I need someone to help me out...

I really want one of these ABS systems in my game, but I'm looking for the most compatible, and easiest to set up, can someone please show me one that is really easy to set up, as in enemies etc., compatible with other scripts, maybe just menu scripts and a few add-ons, and also if you could give me some simple instructions how to make them work, as I don't follow the instructions given by some. It doesn't really matter if theres lag issues as long as their not that bad, as I can just use an anti-lag script anyway (If it doesn't clash lol).

Well thanks for anyone willing to co-operate, please don't lock this or whatever or say I should just go to submitted scripts, because I know theres lots there, but I don't know which one to use, so I'm asking the forums, and I would like to know how easy they are to set up and stuff.

Again, thanks.

Edit--
I can remember playing a demo of one that was made, where you could summon, which would be REALLY great as my game is based on it, Not sure if anyone else can remember this, but I'll try to describe what I can remember:
When the summon skill was used, the monster would be summoned on the map, and follow you around, automatically attacking any enemies near you, and I THINK, not 100% sure, that it's HP was constantly draining, but slowly, and when it died, it jsut disappeared and you had to resummon it (By this, not sure if you all know GuildWars, but when you summon Minions as a Necro, and their health slowly goes down)

If you have more than one party member, go for Mr.Mo's NeoABS - SBABS, and if you have only one party member, go for Mr.Mo's NeoABS.

I've had BAD experiences with the *RTH-ABS. Honestly, once it corrupted my whole game's data. I don't know how this happened, but my game just started saying that it had a problem with the Game_Actor class, when I hadn't touched it at all, and gave the same error after I deleted all the custom scripts, AND replaced it with a clean scripts.rxdata from a new project.  :-\

Don't use the RTH-ABS, use the NeoABS [+ SBABS] if you want.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.