Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What's on TV?

This is the TV thread, for those who still bother watching it.

Netflix has killed Dave for me. Now I can choose which endless repeats of Top Gear I can watch.

Recently started rewatching Mythbusters, it's a great show. I miss Discovery quite a bit, but again it's on Netflix.

Erp...

Good show about Tommy Cooper. Can't think of much else worth watching recently.

Eastenders would have been good lately if they hadn't told us Lucy was dying - it would actually have been a shock. But I love the fucking Carters, they're a roar and a hoot and make the show worth watching.

Syfy:
Warehouse 13 is on it's final season.
I've got 8 episodes recorded of Bitten I need to watch. Honestly not that compelling to me.
There is this weird 30min episodes of Metal Hurlant Chronicles, just a bunch of short stories based on the magazine & movies (called Heavy Metal in the US) but I don't think they do it justice. I was rolling my eyes at the end of the last episode I watched "The Endomorphe", it just happened to be Easter.

CartoonNetwork:
Adventure Time just started new episodes,
Rick and Morty is pretty entertaining.

Other channels:
I think Orphan Black started new episodes but I haven't watched it yet.

The web has made TV pretty redundant for me, I only use TV for the news now.

I think TV will eventually become an on-demand service across the board, at the moment it's in this hybrid limbo state.

I heard Microsoft's xboxOne team believe television is the future of gaming, so maybe I am missing something fantastic about TV but right now I can cope without it

I think it's important to have a schedule. I can only watch TV in the afternoon. Sunset/Night time. If I watched my favorite show in the morning or during lunch I can't get into it.
Its sorta the same with video games. But I need to be laying in bed and in complete darkness so I can shut everything out.

Watched the first two episodes of breaking bad with the family.

I...

... :eek:hdear:

Not entirely sure what to think. But I'm pretty sure I want to cook some Crystal meth.

Watching The Librarians. A spin-off series of TNT's original movies The Librarian.
It's sorta filling the void that Warehouse 13 left behind. An Adventure show about collecting mystical artifacts.

There's a character with a brain tumor who has Synesthesia and does math and smart stuff. She's basically Fred from Angel, the meek and babbling type. I want to like her character but the actress isn't pulling it off. You're suppose to feel sorry for her but it just seems fake like she pretending to be weak and helpless for attention. I think it's going to get old fast. The tumor is suppose to kill her some day, but the show will have to resolve that at some point, better sooner than later, and give her a new angle.

Finished Breaking Bad. Fantastic... up to series 5, where it just got too edgy and you couldn't empathise with ANYBODY any more. The finale of series 4 is the single best episode of any tv programme I have ever seen.

Storage Hunters UK is hilarious. I'm not sure they even came to the UK to film it, they just have the same horrendous actors but with equally horrendous Brummy, Scouse, Manc and Cockney accents. It's great!

Whatever happened to the days when RPG Maker people were all into anime? Is it that western TV got better?

I'm almost to the end of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Really pissed off at Netflix for dropping the last dozen episodes. Also watching Sword Art Online, and will soon watch Steins;gate (or should I get my hands on a game instead? Really confused about this one). Also rewatching Suzumiya Haruhi and Monster.

And now for something completely different, has anybody else ever watched Foyle's War? I wish I had more time to watch this sort of thing (each one being 90 minutes) but for now I'm just going to assume I will never finish it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.