Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

What are you working on? (Game Making Thread)

coyotecraft

🎱 Outlook good
Sponsor

I should have done this sooner. I blocked a bunch of websites that I waste a lot of time on.
And I'm trying to get back into sprite animation. TT__TT What a pain.

I still can't get over Rpg Maker's 3 frame standard. (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I should have done this sooner. I blocked a bunch of websites that I waste a lot of time on.
And I'm trying to get back into sprite animation. TT__TT What a pain.

I still can't get over Rpg Maker's 3 frame standard. (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻
Just in case this infers to the props / detailing for the ship. I have a plugin that lets me use as many frames as I want. So don't feel like that has to hold you back.

coyotecraft

🎱 Outlook good
Sponsor

naw, I already have a plenty to do for Fantasia.
Speaking of, I read the fastest way to burn out is by making a list of things to do. I can believe it.
Yedbfxl.png

Me: *thinking about how little I accomplished last year*
lhIqLVy.png

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

Oh hell yes those look amazing!

As for me, I been updating the HUD!

Boss HUD and the drive bar has received major necessary updates. Now all implemented across the board.
wubP1UM.png

Including a notification for when the player drive is ready!
T3gC7SO.png

Drives also got a mechanical update. One variable is used for all party members now, instead of having one per. This rebukes the cheese strat of unleashing several overdrives at once. For each party member who has their drive unlocked, drive will also now charge in unison to somewhat compensate.

Otherwise, mostly just me fixing up errors DerVVulfman finds.

But! There is one other development. I will share more of it later, but here is a sneak preview...
VWUc7vp.png

At present, she's missing her shirt decal...

Remi_Chan

Chaos Goddess

I like how this scene turned out, next I work on the boss battle itself!
High Court of Yamayoji
Basically fighting the Judge of the Darkworld. This is by no means a fight you can win. It's basically an overdone game over sequence.

coyotecraft

🎱 Outlook good
Sponsor

I've been jumping between sprites and script work. Some of it is for Fantasia. Some of it is just practice doodles.
I tell myself 1 sprite a day. Should be doable. And suddenly it's a week later and it doesn't look like I did much of anything.
fE96UKa.png

WAOLGnf.png

When I don't like how something looks it doesn't feel finished. Like the Kitsune tails. They're all in a "kind of done" pile. It's the sort of thing I can fuss with forever. Especially when it's animated.

coyotecraft

🎱 Outlook good
Sponsor

Started working on this last night after chatting with Remi-chan.
Shows promise but still needs some work. The chain links are 5 pictures updated with a script.

I feel like I've done something similar a long time ago. Maybe it was in Construct or Action Script?
Hard to believe I've never done something like this in RPGM before.

Last edited:

coyotecraft

🎱 Outlook good
Sponsor

I might be able to squeeze one more sprite out before the month is over. I was setting myself up to do an iron artist challenge thing today. Lock myself in my room and work nonstop. But my family had other plans.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.