Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Weapon Level Up System?

I was thinking about weapons earlier today, and I thought "how am I gonna keep my hero with a weapon that stays balanced the whole game?" Weapons make a huge difference in RMXP it seems, and if your hero doesn't have a weapon good enough for his level, he will suffer. (I miss RM2K where Strength had more impact!) Plot wise, I also wanted my hero to get a weapon, and keep it, instead of having to constantly change it. Then I thought, maybe my hero could keep the same weapon, but it would get better as he does.

The solution would be a system where your weapon had EXP, and as you gained EXP, it would gain EXP too. Your weapon would level up, and gain stats and attack power. Sadly, I can't script. I was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to help and create a script that does this. It wouldn't need to be that complicated, just short and to the point.

If a script like this does exist (I didn't see it in the script listings), post it immediately.

And if anyone does decide to work on it, then I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so far to the friendly RMXP.org community.

griever8;254403 said:
look better next time this has been posted for a while >_>

http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9653&highlight=weapon+level

of course i have no idea how to make it work and since the author already stopped supporting it i guess you either need someone with some experience to look at it or having someone create a whole new one (which i think it would be better)

This would be a great system for me, but sadly the link is down. :(

Er.. I think it's 72 hours, maybe a tiny bit less...

Bump! I really don't know how to use that script, the weapons level up, but I have no clue how to upgrade them, how to access the menu. I tried looking through the code, found a couple inputs, but they didn't work. I mean, if someone could edit the code to just have it when your weapon levels up, it gains say like +5 AP. It shouldn't be hard.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.