Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Water-Walking...the sound

Sainte

Hi there scripters. I'm pretty sure that nobody has ever scripted this before, but I was thinking that it would be useful if someone made a script that made a noise when walking in shallow water. You could probably set this via terrain tag or something. I just thought this might be easier than placing an event every step. Just an idea for you scripters who are bored!

Cheers,
Sainte

You can just make a common event that checks if the player shares a position with a common terrain tag, then just have it play the sfx and have a small wait as a delay so it doesnt keep repeating. That way there's no need for any squares. With 8 terrain tags this limits you to 8 different sfx but you could have a one seperate event for each map so on map 1 terrain tag = water and on map 2 terrain tag = rustling leaves and so forth.

I knw you were asking for a script but I was just demonstrating that you don't need to copy and paste events to include this feature.

Though to make a good script of it, I'd recmoomend being able to set GLOBAL sfx for terrain tags 1 to 8, and then be able to state specific map names after that where you could have different sfx for terrain tags. So if you don't bother including a specified map, it will just follow the rules of the global sfx.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.