Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VXA Script Request]Attack Order Script

Hello. I don't post often, but I'm seriously making an effort to a game (which I have yet to post, want more to show before I do that.) and I need some assistance! PS: This will be a free game.

I'm going to use either Jet's Simple Sideview or Victor's Animated Battle.

I'm using RPGmaker VX Ace

If there's no combatability issues with either, please let me know.

If you have a suggestion on another sideview battle system, let me hear it!

Request:

PRIORITATE System
: If it isn't too difficult, I'd like to request a script that would allow me to choose what order my party members attack in after choosing the action. Here is a picture of what I had in mind (Don't mind the chopped up job I have there.)

As you can see in the picture, the monk is picking Slime A and is choosing for his action to happen in slot 2, after the white mage. (Who chose to go in slot 1. You can also see the other members chose there slots to go in, so the Monk doesn't have a choice at this point.)

Basically:

Warrior's turn. He picks to attack. He chooses it on Slime B. He chooses Slot 3 in the PRIORITATE window. (As long as other slots above are filled, he is the third one to go.)

Thief's turn. He picks a skill. He chooses it on Slime A. He then chooses to do this in slot 4, so he would be the 4th one to go in the party, as long as the other slots are filled.

White mage's turn. He chooses to cure the whole party. He chooses slot 1 so that it's the first thing that happens.

The Monk chooses Slime A to attack and is left with slot 2 for the attack order.

I don't care how it actually looks, as long as you can choose the attack order and be able to see the previous choices.

Now a request that can be expanded off this, but I know is difficult, and I'm not expecting it:

Skill Chain System:

A script that allows you to choose 2 skills, when used one right after another, creates another attack. (Not a replacement attack. An additional attack effect.) Basically a script that will allow me to add in any amount of combos that would allow me to choose an after effect, like so:

-Skill 1: Slash-Skill 2: Bash-Combo: SLASHBASH!-

I would like it to be one way, (like you can't do the combo if you do it backwards) but if that's too difficult, I'll live without it.

I would also like it, if possible and not difficult that the end result move acts like a regular attack, and counts if I want to chain it in another combo. (Three skills made, two combos, 6 attacks!)

Last request: Whether this is created for me, or not, I would like to be pointed in the right direction to start learning programming in this realm.

Any help with any of these requests would be greatly appreciated. I know no one holds any obligation to fufill these requests, but I will definitely give you credit for anything I make that involves this, even if all you did was edit something. For what it's worth, anyway.

If there are similiar scripts out there, I apologize. I've been looking for a few days and haven't been able to find something similiar.

Good luck and thank you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.