Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Window Skin Script

ikos

Let me explain this first:
>I do not want a specific script.
>I am not looking for some lost scipt.
>This is the most logical area for this post.

Alrighty then, I am sick of the "Let's take one box from the window skin and copy it into every window".
I would love to see SOME script that changes this. I mean, a script that changes word boxes, a script that changes command menu, ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated.

Let me clarify some bits a little, I know this was pretty damn vague.
Alright, what I would really like to see if if I could somehow get separate window skins for things such as window_command and the various text boxes.

Any help, and I'll draw Cthulhu / Nosferatu slash for you.
~Ikos out

That's better! I've never really tested that but maybe you can use my animated windowskin script.
http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=42722.0

There's a feature that let you change the windowskin name and you can also turn the animation off if you don't want it. You'd need to add a line of code in each windows to have another windowskin.

In case you don't know how to do that, right under def initialize, add @original_skin = 'windowskin name'. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Another fairly simple way to change windowskins of certain windows (permanently) is simply adding the line
Code:
self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin('filename')
to any of the windows classes

ikos

Beran":298ue4up said:
Another fairly simple way to change windowskins of certain windows (permanently) is simply adding the line
Code:
self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin('filename')
to any of the windows classes

Doesn't seem to work, is that for VX?

ah yes..I forget...stupid differences lol...*looks up*
I guess it won't work lol, lets see if I can find a replacement method *looks up*
There it is. self.windowskin = Cache.system('filename')

ikos

Beran":2049sem6 said:
ah yes..I forget...stupid differences lol...*looks up*
I guess it won't work lol, lets see if I can find a replacement method *looks up*
There it is. self.windowskin = Cache.system('filename')

Wicked, thanks a lot Beran. :]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.