Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX Request]Fixed weapon?

Hero

I'd like a script that'll only make the weapons unchangeable. Since each characters in my project only have one weapon they use for the entire game (They can have it upgraded so it becomes stronger), I'd like to make it unequippable without locking the rest of the equipment.

Can anyone please make this script? I can offer some help in return as long as it isn't script related nor graphics making (I'm not experienced in either of those categories so sorry) :) .

@Triforce
That won't work, he just wants to have the weapon fixed, and not every peice of equipment.

@Hero
I can try to script this for you, but i seriously doubt that i will succed. >.<

Hero

It's okay :) . I wonder why they removed the option of cursed weapons >.< . It doesn't make any sense.

@Gando: I understand if you don't succeed. I tried to script it myself, but I couldn't find the right methods to call when trying to lock the weapon id :( .

Try this:
Code:
class Scene_Equip < Scene_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Update Equip Region Selection
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def update_equip_selection
    if Input.trigger?(Input::B)
      Sound.play_cancel
      return_scene
    elsif Input.trigger?(Input::R)
      Sound.play_cursor
      next_actor
    elsif Input.trigger?(Input::L)
      Sound.play_cursor
      prev_actor
    elsif Input.trigger?(Input::C)
      if @actor.fix_equipment or @equip_window.index == 0 # This was the only edit
        Sound.play_buzzer
      else
        Sound.play_decision
        @equip_window.active = false
        @item_window.active = true
        @item_window.index = 0
      end
    end
  end
end

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.