Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX]OMG - Uber Quest log

[VX]OMG - Uber Quest log
Version: 1.0

Introduction

The Uber quest log made by atoria.
and styled by me LoMastul ^_^.

Features
Original Features:
Doesn't use any switches
Can handle and unlimited number of quests
Can hold up to 8 objectives per quest
Each time an objective is completed the quest updates
Quests appear in the menu only after you get the quest, instead of there just being a list of all quests or you can now have all of them be displayed the choice is up to you
Keeps track of how much money, exp, completed, found, etc
Has a nice GUI in Quest_Data
You can define either quest NPCs or non-quest NPCs (quest NPCs will have a golden exclamation point over their head)
Text wrap was added for quest info, so feel free to type a massive paragraph and it will parse it just fine
what i added:
moving backround and a styled layout.

Screenshots

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff33 ... tled-1.png[/img]

Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?lryquykezh2

Script

just download the demo :P

Instructions

This script is actually a little difficult to use, so make sure you read these instructions carefully.

To use this script as is all you need to edit is the Quest Data
qupdate is the bulk of this code, it updates your quest information
qupdate[1, 11, 21, 31, 41, etc] = setting to true will make quests 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, available aka they show up in the menu
qupdate[10, 20, 30, 40, etc] = you use these to check to see if quests 1, 2, 3, 4 are finished they are updated automatically so it's often just used by the quest giver event (demo shows best)
qupdate[2-9, 12-19, 22-29, etc] = setting to true will update the objectives in each quest so qupdate[12] = true will make the first objective in quest 2 be completed
handin is important as well and is to be used when a quest is handed in to the quest giver
handin[0, 1, 2, 3, etc] = setting to true will completely end quests 1, 2, 3, 4, and update the quest journal
The rest of the data that needs to be filled in is pretty self explanatory any questions can be posted below.

FAQ

will be added later.

Compatibility

None known issues at the moment.

Credits and Thanks

Credits to atoria for making the script which can be found here: http://www.rmxp.org/forums/index.php?topic=47723.0
also credits to Moghunter for his graphics i ripped from :P.

Author's Notes

ask atoria xD have fun using it.

Terms and Conditions

free for use, and make sure you credit me and atoria if you use this script, or graphics [then also credit Moghunter].

-- LoMastul [and yeah it isnt syntex error i really called it OMG cuz Moghunter didnt made this >:O]

-- + any comments will be welcomed ^_^ if youll have any issues with the script post them here and ill try to help.

tolboom":f4jcupy6 said:
Very nice!!

I like it, I will use it in my game. Thank you!!   :thumb:

thanks for the comments ^_^

Dark-Kyo":f4jcupy6 said:
Very nice, looks like Mog style. This will be useful to everyone, i see if there any bug.

thanks for the comments ^_^
and btw if you'll find any bugs it's just a part of the quest script made by atoria not cuz of my modification ^_^.

RelWes":f4jcupy6 said:
Wow.. I like the style..

Very nice =]

thanks ^_^ tho i made it quite fast so it could look better if people work on it a bit longer and let their insparation out, i just gave them something to start with ^_^.

Mascarpone":f4jcupy6 said:
looks good. except for the interface. those are .. ugly. but solid script, and thats what matters in script analysis anyways lol

:P i think it a bit too detailed too... but i made it just to show people what they can get to if they spend some time on it ^_^

d'ya think you could make a version not styled like MOG?
not that i dont like it, but it doesnt really fit the style of my game.
but overall a really good script:)

woah woah woah! This seems a bit much to swollow. I for one love MOG type scriptss (I'v converted and made a few) but you seem to have realy blew this one up! It's like a mog script but still has the complexaty of the old script you used... Why not just script it in so it uses switches?! Personaly I think normal game interface (Switches and variables normale people including myself use) and the scripting interface (I find this one more useable) aren't all that much fun to use or as easy to uses unless you fuse them. People are use to
Event
Switch
Cilcked
Switch XX => on

This would make it easyer. Also maybe you should make an Ajective log. Just a quick edit (Might do it myself) that can be used almost as a progress tracker. Might uses this in My ABS mission based game that can be used to help you remeber your mission.

Whatever, I'm starting to ramble. It's your script and you can do what you want.

Whatever you do remeber... $game_variables[XX] = @XXXX, is your best friend!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.