Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] MP4 files cannot be imported!!! Script needed.

Okay, so yesterday I decided to create an opening/intro to my game using pictures and music ( kind of like ''Kingdom Hearts'' )
so I got my intro all set up with scenes and everything and then tried to import the music ( ''Ring a bell'' by Bonnie Pink ) but it doesn't allow me to! The song is in ''MPEG 4'' format so it will not import and if I try to just copy/paste into the ''BGM'' folder it crashes when I try to play it! :cry:

If anyone knows of a script that allows more than just the normal file formats ( aka: .mid, .ogg, .wma, .mp3, .wav ) to be used in RMVX, please please post it here! I really want to use ''Ring a bell'' in my game. ( mainly just a script that allows MP4s )

If there is no script, if someone knows of an ''mp4" to "mp3" converter, please post a link to it here. :blush:

Anyone who fills this request will have my eternal thanks! Uh...and I'll put your name in really big letters in the credits...and a cameo appearance in a Pub in my game...
Please...
:angel:

MP4 is a Video/Audio format. QuickTime will play it. QuickTime Pro MIGHT export it as MP3.
I have "Switch Sound File Converter" and it will convert MP4 to MP3.
Or I also use another trick to convert midi to mp3.. Use a 3mm jumper cable (male 3mm jack on both ends) like from a PC speaker system
come out of your headphone jack, and back into your microphone jack. Play the file, and record it at the same time.
You have to play with the levels to get a clean recording.

Even easier: google "bonnie pink ring a bell mp3"

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.