Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] More Text Choices

More Choices for VX!
Alright, so in a game where intricate conversations need to be held - you need more than the default four text choices. So what I need is a script that allows me to create a Choice event command(with 'Script...') with a virtually unlimited number of choices.

How you scripting gods/goddesses go about doing this is entirely up to you. I just request that it be simple to implement in a script call. As for the aesthetics of it, keeping it to a four row max with scrolling would be the easiest in terms of compatibility with most window skins and the 'Dim Background' skin.

I would also like for there to be an option, controlled via switches, to have certain choices grayed out; to show they have been selected before, like Oblivion or Fallout 3 does. It would need to be compatible with Woratana's Neo Message System 3, and be able to use the message codes within its script call.

I wish I could get more in depth than that, but it's a fairly straight forward request. I think a lot of people could benefit from it, and I'm surprised one doesn't already exist. Thanks in advance!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.