Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Mini-Map

MiniMap
Version 1.0
by Woratana
Release Date: 13/07/2008

Introduction
This is the minimap script based on KGC Minimap in XP.

The minimap will be created by script, so it will be a little blocky. (VX tileset is also blocky anyhow :P)
But the good point is that it doesn't require any image file.

Since I'm a little lazy, I prefer this script than the one using image file. :)

Enjoy~  :lol:

Features
Code:
- Plug N Play script, don't need any graphic
- Turn minimap ON/OFF by switch, or disable it for specific map by put [NOMAP] in map's name
- Change minimap's position and size easily with call script
- Editable minimap's grid size, and color for passable tile / non-passable tile / player / events

Screenshots
http://i28.tinypic.com/ok7k10.jpg[/img]
http://i31.tinypic.com/2elfqdt.jpg[/img]

Demo
Here is demo that will show you how to call/setup this script. :)
http://i28.tinypic.com/2m76dc4.jpg[/img]
Download file Minimap_Demo.rar

Script
Place it above main
http://i28.tinypic.com/25thhqt.jpg[/img]
Code:
#===============================================================
# â—

Twirly

Sponsor

Yay first!
*Ahem*
Script works perfectly and i like the mini map i always wanted something like that  :thumb:
edit:
TURNIG IT OFF WORKS PERFECT TOO!

Twirly

Sponsor

HMMM...
I found something:
When an event isn't on the map anymore it doesn't disappear from the minimap and you have to go to the menu and leave it and then there's no event on the map...

WOW, nice woratna! I love it!

But tell me, I have a question... if you turn on and off during an event, is it possible it fades out or in, or does it dissapear automatically? (I know this is not actually a feature, but it's just a question.)

Rexxon

I seem to have a problem with setting up an event to work with this script. I have it set up to 'under hero' and to activate when player contacts it (a save point). However, The event does not show in the minimap. Any ideas on what could be happening?

Thanks guys!  :grin:

@Asdren
The minimap will be drawn only the first time Scene_Map loaded.
So I will see what I can do to fix that. :D

@NunoAle
It's not possible.

@Rexxon
Have you put comment 'MMEV' in your event?

I made a switch so that all the lit torches around my town would become non lit when I walked outside in the day time. When I turn the switch to them off, my minimap disappears until I turn the switch back on. Any ideas?

Piratekon":2d406pry said:
I made a switch so that all the lit torches around my town would become non lit when I walked outside in the day time. When I turn the switch to them off, my minimap disappears until I turn the switch back on. Any ideas?

You're probably using the switch #10. That's the switch that turns the minimap off.
Just edit this line:
Code:
  SWITCH_NO_MINIMAP = 10 # Turn ON this switch to NOT SHOW minimap

And change the number 10 to the number of any other switch that's not in use.

Rexxon

Yes, I have the comment in my event. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that I added more MMEV options, Because the first five ones work, But the extras I added don't seem to work. I tried changing my event, But it still won't show up.

Gray

Does the minimap show an event for every event page it has, or just the first one?

Because if it does for the first, it'll screw up quests..

The only suggestion I have is to make a color for non-passables and a color for map boundries, beacasue its wierd if you have spots on your mapt hat look like they simply arent there

This is on RPG RPG Revolution and I need help with it

I have a problem with the script.

It worked fine at first. Then I did some major updates(to the maps, not scripts or anything) and now if I have the script in my script editor, and run a new game, it is black. My maps don't show up and it's just black.

I also get some form of error about line 265(which is the mini map script) when loading a save, forcing me to quit.

What is wrong?

Apothic_Haxxor":1ugaj2xn said:
I have a problem with the script.

It worked fine at first. Then I did some major updates(to the maps, not scripts or anything) and now if I have the script in my script editor, and run a new game, it is black. My maps don't show up and it's just black.

I also get some form of error about line 265(which is the mini map script) when loading a save, forcing me to quit.

What is wrong?
Haven't checked the line yet, but it seems a variable error.
Try creating a new game, the error pops because some of the variables that this script uses has its value set as nil, if it doesnt work, try deleting the save files from your project folder.

Love the script, except when I use the Tankentai Sideview Battle system, the map seems to show up in battle, which kinda sucks.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.