Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX]Limit Break System

[VX] Limit Break System

Intro

Hello, I am using the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System Version 2.7 - Translation 1.4 of Mr. Bubble, I need a limit break system to go with it.

Description

I need a limit break system that acts on a character's distress in battle. I want the "Attack" command to change to "Burst" when a character reaches a level of hp below 25% of their max hp.  I would like it so that any skill labeled [Burst] in the notes section would show up in the "Burst" command.

So, if I have a character named Bob, and he entered burst mode, a skill that he has from the beginning of the game would have [Burst] in its notes section.  That skill would appear in the Burst command.  That way, if I want a character to have more than one burst, I can, with only having to add the skill to the character, and adding [Burst] to its notes section.  I would also like if the skill would not appear in the normal skill command.

I may have been a bit confusing, if so, please ask me to clarify.  That's really the only way I can explain it.

Thanks in advance.

ikos

You could try the KCG Overdrive Script, it works with the Tankencrap Battle System.
You would have to mess with the custom commands script by Dargor as well. This sounds a little hard to do.

Also, I don't recommend replacing Attack with Limit. It gets annoying, especially when you're trying to save it.
But then again, this is HP based, so that could be abused pretty hard aswell.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.