Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Light Effects VX

Updated to 1.1 - now it looks slightly better =p

Unfortunately, updating the screen shot is too much work - take my word for it!

Hey Kylock, if it's alright I'll take a new screeny later yea? Nice script again, definitely a great script for anyone using VX. =)

-Krobe

When i make an event and turn the light/color of the map to dark
the light effect is still there
How to turn it off ?

arcadia":2ekwdngl said:
How to turn it off ?

You could use a switch to turn off the light easy enough.

arcadia":3h3k5lqa said:
How to turn it off ?
Since all the lights are instantiated when the map is loaded, it's hard to predict how lights will work when you change the events. 

To make the map dark you make an event and choose Tint Screen on the second page under Screen Effects and you set the colour there, then you make the events trigger Parallel Process. Hope I helped! Also try not to get too off-topic from now on.

AlmightyBeardSage":mgttqwap said:
To make the map dark you make an event and choose Tint Screen on the second page under Screen Effects and you set the colour there, then you make the events trigger Parallel Process. Hope I helped! Also try not to get too off-topic from now on.
I'll have to try darkening the screen that way, because the way I'm doing it won't let me move at all.

Any way you could make it so the light is on top of my character, like being inside a cave effect. Just enough so you could see around my character when the screen is tinted.

Also apologizing for the necro post. >_<

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.