Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Is there an armor script like this?

I was wondering if a script existed for armor, that did the following, and if it doesn't exist, could someone create one?

1. The armor is part of a 'set', in other words, a single item; and is to be divided among the according slots when it is equipped. Once you equip, for example, the body armor, the helmet is also automatically equipped, filling both the body armor and helmet slots. However, this can be true for any armor set. For example, if you equip the accessory, the helmet is also automatically equipped, therefore filling both respective slots, and so forth. The armor can come in a complete set of shield, helmet, body armor, and accessory; or if desired, an incomplete set containing any combination. On a final note, if there is an armor of the same slot type(s) that are contained within the set already equipped, that armor is to automatically be unequipped.

~OR (If this isn't possible, here is an alternative; in the end, they should have about the same effect.)~

2. You must have all pieces of a set, as separate items, in order to equip the pieces, but they must only be equipped together. Likewise, they must be unequipped together. This can both be achieved by perhaps a small window popping up asking "This armor is part of a set. Are you sure you want to equip/unequip?" and choices Yes or No. Assuming one of the armor slots is already filled with another armor of the same type, that armor is to automatically be unequipped. The set can be in any combination; it could be all four (shield, helmet, body armor, and accessory) or any combination from those four.

This is also one I'd like to see, and I think it might be an option in VX already, I just haven't found it yet:

3. The actor has to be wearing their initial armor at all times, and can't remove it.

I apologize if these scripts exist already, I tried searching for them but never could find any, mainly because there are so many armor scripts are out there.

You can event this with conditional branches.  EXAMPLE:

Conditional branch: if green sword; is equipted
change equipment: green helmet +1
change parameters: +10 strength
else
conditional branch: if green sword is in inventory
Change equipment: green helmet -1
change parameters: -10 strength

Tell me if that works =)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.