Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] InputBox Script

InputBox Script
Version: 2.0
By: Rafidelis

Introduction

This script creates an InputBox where the player can enter any text
using the keyboard, leaving the game more interactive.
Depending on your creativity, you can create several systems from the
script such as a system to cheat, change the name of the character etc. ..

Features

* Use the keyboard to type text
* Several methods to customize the InputBox
* While at least 1 letter is not entered, the User can not continue
* You can display the text entered in the InputBox in a common message.
New version 2.0:
* Changed the script input, to make the code lighter, fast and no lags.
* Added the option to enter symbols, as %(*&!@#) etc..

Screenshots

IB2.png

inp1.png

Enter the 3-digit numeric password to continue

inp2.png

Type a new name for adam :: Rafael Pretty hot

inp3.png

Enter the amount of gold you want earn

Demo

Terms and Conditions

- If you use this script, you do not have to include my name in credits, but I'd like you to give the deserved credits; D
- You can use this script on non-commercial games, if you want to use in some commercial game, please get in touch with me and we entered into an agreement.
- You can distribute / modify / edit this script, but can not withdraw the name of the author and not the link to the forum ReinoRpg.
- Enjoy D;

This does look pretty useful. I won't personally be using, but it definitely has many applications. The massive font in the thread is a bit of an eyesore though.

Thnkz Dude..!
About the Font,it's a forum mistake..because i came in this topic using Internet Explorer,and the font is in normal size..
I think the error should be Mozila...
My mozila show this topic with BIG fonts..and IE no..>_>'

Devlin

It is awesome script. I've been playing with it, and it's pretty useful for my project.

I managed to get it to use "=" and "+" symbols but other symbols doesn't seem to work. The alphabets and numbers all works just fine.

Also, if I try to press same letter or number repeatedly, it won't print it out. I have to wait for like a couple seconds before trying to repeat a letter or number, and it'll print it.

I'm still trying to fiddle with a script to get it to accept symbols like -, *, /, (, ), and that stuff.

Script Updated.!

Version 2.0 released, this new version has been modified the script input, to reduce the lag and increase the speed of the script.
Thus, improving the code, which accepts this new version of the digit symbols, such as #$%(*&)/!.
Enjoy.

Thanks for the script Rafidelis! I really like it and want to use it for a project.

However, I would like to set a conditional branch to determine whether a word has been typed into the InputBox Script string.

The example given in the demo of a conditional script to check the status of $game_system.inputbox_text was:

$game_system.inputbox_text == "Rafidelis"

I would like to type "His name is Rafidelis" in the input box and yield a positive response. How should I modify the operating expression (and/or operand) to determine if a "word" or "words" are in the string instead of simply using the "==" operation expression?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.