Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

VX: Ice Sliding Puzzle System

Hey there. I would really appreciate it if someone were to code me a simple script for moving on ice in RPG MAKER VX.

I want it to be so that when you walk onto ice, you will continue 'sliding' in that direction until you hit a wall or other obstacle. Then you can choose another direction to slide in, until you eventually come to the end. I have evented this, and have two ways of doing so, but one way has a glitch in which you can easily slide anywhere, and the other randomly stops the player whilst he is slidin', so I have turned to scripts. I already have the graphic of the player sliding (feet still etc.) so that shouldn't be a problem. Thanks very much.
As well as this, if within this script there is another system, if it is possible the addition of the ability to push rocks and for them to slide in the same way as the player does would be really fun to utilise. Of course, do not make this top priority, as the moving one is just fine.

I thank you loads for reading my request.

~Brad

How did you event it?

I also had that problem, and I actually evented it the way it's supposed to be, with only one problem... I could move him whenever I wanted while sliding, and he was supposed to just continue over one direction!

I guess the way I had my map made didn't really have a problem, because the character would fall in holes that were surrounding the sliding ice.

Anyways, let's try it together, I'll help you out right now. I'm no scripter, but we MAY find a way to event it. How did you event number 1 and number 2?

Well, my first way was this:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z317 ... /event.jpg[/img]
Only thing is you can move wherever you want in the middle of sliding, yes?

My other one was the same except it was set to wait or moves completion, and not repeat. To replace this repeat process, I had the move down, move left, move right and move up commands about 15 times each to cover the ice. This works, however it would randomly stop. I don't know why this is, but this is still a script request. Hopefully the event will help to show what I am looking for. :)

Just set it to move in the direction you need it to move a bunch of times (probably equal to the length of the whole map) and then put 'Skip' at the end. When you activate it, it will slide as far as it can and then skip the rest of the movements, but it will eventually stop (yours will just repeat endlessly)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.