Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Character selection

Instead of loading, I want the game to be an auto save style.

I want to have it so when you start the game, it opens up to a selection like this...
|____________|

'Quit' would automatically shut the game down, whereas 'Start Game' would send you to a Log In screen. You would have to register first through an online website or some-odd which at some point I would create, then you would Log In to the game. Though, I would also like a mode called 'Quick Play'

Basically...

|_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ |
|    'Leave'      |
|_____________|

Log in would open a username and password log in screen. Quick Play would allow you to pop up in the game as a 'ghost' character, allowing you to test the game. No levels would be gained in this mode and you'd be trapped in a 'newbie' world of sorts. Basically and alternate opening. 'Leave' would quit the game. The Log in Screen would also have a 'Register' Button, 'Login' Button (The send the username and Password information) and a 'Cancel' Button.

http://www.nadrielle.com/images/newbtutorial/newbtutorial03.jpg[/img]

After Logging in, you select a server which would make the game screen larger, covering the computer screen (Not the Task Bar for Windows) It would send you to a character selection screen Where it will show three characters in a row. When one is selected, the frame around the character turns a darker shade. You can also create a new character in one spot is empty, like in Ragnarok Online.

Kind of like this...

http://www.nadrielle.com/images/newbtutorial/newbtutorial04.jpg[/img]
http://www.nadrielle.com/images/newbtut ... rial05.jpg[/img]

Opening the Character creation screen covering 1/2 the width and 1/3 the length of the game screen. It allows you to pick hair style, hair color, class, skin tone, and starting stats which are in the same format as R.O. AKA, they can have at least 1, and at most 9 points. It is in a hexagon shape; Vitality is opposite of Dexterity, Intelligence is opposite of Strength, and Agility is opposite of Luck. Once created, you'd go back to the character selection screen with the new character in place.

Kind of like this...

Once you select the character, you are brought into the world at the last town saved at!

I can do all graphics needed including the window skins, opening theme skins, etc. I just need someone to work on the script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.