Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Breath of Fire 3 - Masters System

Breath of Fire 3 - Masters System
Version 1.0
By TywinLannister

Screenshots
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm231/TywinLannister/Masters-Screeny1.jpg[/img]
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm23 ... reeny2.jpg[/img]

What it does
This script emulates the masters system in Breath of Fire 3. That is, you can choose to apprentice a character to a master in order to gain benefits/drawbacks to attributes and learn skills as you level up and keep visiting the master.

Version History
Version 1.0
Initial Release

Download Link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/wuq5u7

Thanks
ElementalCrisis for a simple yet effective side view battle system!

Note
An annoying thing a can't get rid of at the moment is the first character in the menu when selecting a pupil has lost half its text... annoying... will try to fix for 1.1

Wow, you sure love BoF 3 eh? I thought it was a fantastic game. Just outta curiosity, will you be making more BoF 3 scripts? Because I know a few features that were in there that I can list for you in detail.

Nice and useful script btw.

-Krobe

hey these scripts are great, just wondering if you plan on recreating one of the BoF cbs for VX? like the whole 3/4 view and stuff that would be great and very useful to me as i really want one for VX but keep up the great scripts

@Krobelus and uzumakishade: I am indeed working on a breath of fire 3 SDK, with everything such as enemy skills, the battle system, fishing you name it my goal is to script it!

Also, keep an eye out for version 1.1 of this script which will have different parameters for learning skills (Equipment in inventory etc)

Awesome, what about the fairy village feature? You gonna include that? You know, the part where you assign a job to a fairy, and the village prospers.

-Krobe

I actually completely forgot about the fairy feature, thank you!

Added to my list of things to do!!!!! (that one, along with the battle system will take a while.) will get the simpler ones done first.

Cheers Krobe

There are others that you may have forgotten as well. Like the skills that are different, such as Backhand, that does damage, but never kills the opponent?

And what about the warping system?

Also the Desert one, where you have to travel from one point to another, in a different view, and have limited water and stamina (although I think there is one for XP, just get permission and convert and change it around with the different view and etc.).

Stealing ability?

And then many mini-games such as the wood chopping, mine cart thingy, etc. etc.

I might remember some more, but those are just a few.
-Krobe

@Krobelus: Yup i already have on my list of things to to Breath of Fire 3 - Skills. Will be a script that handles all of the skills that VX doesn't currently support!

@Tywin
I probably may not use this script, but I am looking forward to your other plans for VX (steal skill etc.)! I am rooting for ya there, and great job thus far.

@Dark Koji: Thanks, Koji, skill script is next on the agenda! must do a few updates to the three i've written, will hopefully get the skill script posted next week some time (time permitting, lol)

This is one nice script. But i happen to prefer BOFIV Master System. They improved it and it requires certain things to do besides just leveling to get the skill.

If wonder if your going to include some of the improvements in IV

@XP Learner: Yup, i'm going to be introducing some of the BOFIV style masters features into this script in future updates. You are right, BOFIV provided some cool additions to the masters system.

@Xathia Vastar: No problem, Xathia, i will try to update this script as often as possible... keep an eye open!

@busbuzz: You know what? this NEEDED to be done! when i started rpg making 6 or so years ago (before college) i couldn't accomplish any of this and now that i have coding skills i am more than happy to share for others who can't!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.