Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] - Breath of Fire 3 - Custom Skills

Breath of Fire 3 - Custom Skills
Version 1.2
By TywinLannister

Screenshots

What it does
This script emulates some of the skills that VX doesn't cater for, such as Bonebreak (a skill only usable at fixed intervals), pilfer (Stealing) etc.

Version History
Version 1.0
  • Initial Release
  • Shield state added (only protects against physical attacks)
  • Barrierstate added (only protects against magical attacks)
  • Bonebreak - a skill only usable at set intervals
  • Pilfer - a stealing skill
  • Weretiger - transform into a berserk weretiger

Version 1.1
  • Wertiger fixed to randomly attack allies and enemies
  • Identify skill now working!
  • Instruction file now included in the demo

Version 1.2
  • Skills that only destroy enemies of a certain type. (i.e Kyrie)
  • Skills with damage based on HP (i.e Breath attacks)
  • Skills with damage based on AGI (i.e Charge)
  • Disembowel - a skill that reduces a target to 1 hp but reduces your max hp by 10%
  • Skills that take effect twice (i.e Double Blow)

Download Link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4kzg9b

Thanks
ElementalCrisis for a simple yet effective side view battle system!

Wow, awesome man! You got the skills system out! Now you just need to get the battle system working, and you'll have a .1 version of your BoF III starter kit!

-Krobe

Indeed is a great idea and work, TywinLannister2. Adding new skills to one's game is always a nice stuff to do. If you'd like some suggestions, it'll be my pleasure to give them to you.

Nice work!

Whoa! That was fast~

Can't wait to try the script out when I get back. Especially Werewolf; sounds like something close to what I need, and of course the Pilfer too. Thanks, Tywin!

wasnt it a were tiger? awesome script man, again congratulations. I never understood what bonebreak does, when does it work? :|

i couldnt identify. and game froze i dunno why while one of the characters the one with the scar was defending
it moved and dissapeared and game just froze with the music on, no one moving no way to accept of cancel

@all: Identify shouldn't be there!!!!!!!! its for a later version, just ignore it for now, sorry about that!!!!!

@busbuzz: Coded this all last night, and made a definite mistake with werewolf, you're right, it was indeed weretiger! Tonight will be updating this script with more skills, as well as editing were tiger slightly (it doesn't slowly go berserk as of yet, just berserk from the word go!) also, a document will be provided with the demo with instructions bout how the skills work and how to customize them!

Also, bonebreak in BOF 3 was usable every 3 hours. In my script it is currently set up to work every 1 minute for testing purposes, i will be showing you how to edit that in tonight's update (btw, its 9.20 am here!)

Version 1.1 released!

Weretiger now randomly attacks allies and enemies
Identify skill now working
Instructions included in the Instructions script in the demo

Actually, the weretiger shouldn't start attacking allies until like after the third round of battle upon becoming a weretiger.
Are you also going to include the Influence skill to control berserked characters?

Finally tried ver 1.1.

I set up Pilfer in my game, and it works perfectly so far. ^_^

The others I tried on your demo, which only WereTiger was giving me some minor, but weird problems:
- Not sure if this was intended, but the sprite doesn't change back to its human form after battle.
- The WereTiger can attack himself. I just thought it was a little unusual. >_<

That's about it from me. Thanks again Tywin, I will be using this script~!

Weretiger may need changing so to attack randomly after three rounds! Anyone else get the problem with the lack of turning back into human form?

With regards to influence, i am working my way through a skill guide and will add when its time comes round, just added damage based on HP (a al dragon breaths), damage based on def (a la charge) and the celerity skill, won't be posting these updated for another few days yet... ironing bugs!

Version 1.2 released

• Skills that only destroy enemies of a certain type. (i.e Kyrie)
  • Skills with damage based on HP (i.e Breath attacks)
  • Skills with damage based on AGI (i.e Charge)
  • Disembowel - a skill that reduces a target to 1 hp but reduces your max hp by 10%
  • Skills that take effect twice (i.e Double Blow)

Hey guys!!!!!

Been between jobs/houses for a while and am borrowing a friend's internet connection for the time being. I will look at the script for you when i have access to my PC again, and get back to updating scripts as soon as i get some stuff sorted. Sorry guys. I will be back in mere weeks.

Tywin

I'll make sure this stays on the front page until TywinLannister2 returns, so he can finally divulge how to set up the damn steal skill.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.