Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] Awesome add-on to battle system! (resolved!)

Twirly

Sponsor

-Introduction-
After playing a Rpg Maker 2000 game called Velsarbor I wanted to have a feature of it's battle system which is, in my opinion just awesome.
So I'm starting request for it becuase I think it isn't the easiest thing to script!
-How it works-
Every char has 10 SP (max value of the SP) The SP of every char is 0 in the begin of the battle.
Then there are skills which need SP to use them. To enable that it would be nice to put this in the note of the
skills which need SP: <SPUSE 2> the number after SP should be the number of SP needed to use the skill
Of course It can be done with hashes but i think that's one of the simplest and best solutions.
-Huuhhh???-
I said the SP of each char should be 0 how do i use those skills if I have no SP?!
That's easy:
After each attack or offensive skill (Of course, only those who DON'T use SP!)
Which successfully hitted an enemy the actor who casted the skill or attacked the enemy gains one SP (remember max SP is 10!)
After the battle the SP of every character should be set to 0 again!
-About the Design-
Every character has an additional SP gauge which should look kind of like this:
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9425 ... plefn4.png[/img]
First of all i have to say that the black background is invisible!
And second: This gauge shouldn't be shown in the menu!
Do you see those yellow bars? If the gauge is full all those little bars have a bright yellow like in my example
if one bar is empty it has a dark yellow. (So it's like if the char has 9 SP there are 9 bar with a bright yellow and one empty bar with a dark yellow!...WOW!)
Every character has one gauge which is placed below their name.
Well I think that's it
If you still don't undesrtand how it should work,feel free to ask

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.