Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX]Add to variable upon spell cast!

Alrighty! This more of an add-on than a system, but I still feel it deserves a request thread. Basically in my game there is no 'magic' but rather the alteration of matter(scientific magic), and in order to get better spells you need to get Learning Points(LP). LP is acquired through CASTING spells. Not from leveling up, or killing an enemy.

So I need a script snippet that will do just that. When Said Character ID casts any spell, Variable x goes up by 1. That theoretically translated into RGSS2. I am working with the RPG Tankentai SVBS, so if that plays any factor, I'm letting you know.

All I ask in terms of organization as that I can easily distinguish where to define the actor's ID and LP variable, as I will need one for each actor, as each actor gains LP independently. Hope this is possible, and thanks in advance to any one who attempts it.

Well, for what it's worth, if you don't have any spell overlap among the characters, you don't need a script for this.  You could have each spell call a common event which adds to the variable, instead. 

Clunky?  Yep!  Doesn't work if more than one person in the party is casting Fire 2?  Yep! 

Will it work for you, though, if nobody else has time?  That's up to you.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.