Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[VX] About face or "Light turning"

ikos

Hey, guys.

I was wondering if it were to be possible that if I gently tapped the arrowkeys the character would only face that direction and not actually walk.
Like in the Pokémon games, where if I gently tap Left, Ash will face Left, not actually take a step to the left. Hope that made sense. As always, help is appreciated.

~Ikos out :thumb:

There is no real 'light tapping' on keyboard keys as their not pressure sensitive. So this is probably not possible unless you can get a pixel movement script which can do it.

ikos

Mundane":3imj3bz8 said:
There is no real 'light tapping' on keyboard keys as their not pressure sensitive. So this is probably not possible unless you can get a pixel movement script which can do it.

There can't be a bit where if the button is pressed down for less than a second or anything?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.