Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Dead Content Vonmara The Untold Story Demo

Dead content awaiting restoration.
This is my first well worked on game with rmxp. The scripts I use is mr mo's sbabs, and Actor customizer can't remember who made it but wasnt me. =P si give them credit or give credit to whoever needs it.

The story line starts out like in Dngeon siege 2, and plays liike a mix of dungeon siege 2 and guild wars.
You can create your character I will put in alot more looks and classes later on.

I havnt made any puzzles yet but theres one coming up soon. theres 1 boss battle in the demo. but it goes after the boss a little ways. (It's not too hard it will take a few tries, even when you do know  how you should kill it. I've beaten it.) You can save anywhere too.

game pllay length is about 15 mins so far but this is just the very very very begining... The completed game will have cg movies but not the demos. and so far I've worked on it for 3 days. (with ALOT of trial and error with the scripts) I had to modify alot of the scripts to make them work without crashing. but very simple mods so I don't need credit for it.

Also if you could please and thanks if you got a really good computer and play this game could you please record it max of 10 mins and submit it on youtube so my bro can see it? My computer is way too slow to record this game. If you do please put the link in here somewhere. That would be very apprieciated. if you dont know how to record just download camstudio from camstudio.org it's free and better than any other screen camera. and make sure the sound is recorded if you can to record sound you put the camera to record sound from speakers then open up volume control and click properties then click recording and press ok, then check stereo mix and uncheck the rest. and put the volume of the stereo mix down a bit so it would be so loud and distorted. Thanks very much.

Please give me any suggestions.

in vonmara the cordans are like mordans and muradins are like dryads, and the cordans have a leader like valdis but unlike in dungeon siege 2 hes not your main concern. I won't tell you what or who is, becuase that would spoil the story.

heres the demo: enjoy

http://www.savefile.com/files/1273412

screenshots:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Nazra7/4.jpg[/img]
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Nazra7/3.jpg[/img]
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Nazra7/2.jpg[/img]
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n250/Nazra7/0.jpg[/img]

Well, the demo was...uh....what the heck was going on?  It was pointless.

And uh...there's NO way a lone project like this that is very low production will have CG movies.  Just don't pretend like you can do that and quit.

At least you have something and your trying, though.  Its certainly nothing special though.

I downloaded the game.. I tried to play it. Not only is it riddled with bugs, but its.. just.. I cant find anything good or too original about this game. It uses classic rtp, I guess its retro. It looks like you just randomly placed down map.. eh...  Then the major epic flaw is.. You didnt even try to consider that people will not know what to do when they start. Not only did I not know what to do, I kept talking to the npc "the wrong way" and the game kept freezing. Work harder on your game, and try to make it seem more professional.

yup this is my first game, not supposed to be special I guess ^^ anywho for a while I will stop this project becuase I'mn starting on anew one called The World of Ire which will be 1000 times better then this! (I was going to make cg movies with warcraft III for this game btw)

Story, please? I'm not gonna bother downloading the game for that reason...there's no story.
Also, please please PLEASE fix your brutal grammar! >.< It shows an utter lack of professionalism, and you're not gonna have CG movies unless you have a lot of professionalism.
Keep trying... find out what works for you in RMXP game making, and then make a game you can be proud of.

Don't get discouraged; I'm sure you have potential to make a great game. :D

Well at the moment my computer is throwing a hissy fit and won't let me download anything so I can't say anything about the demo right now.

What I will say is that you really need to fix up your thread, what you have up there is confusing to read. There is nothing about your story, your characters or really anything much. I suggest that you have a look at other project threads here to give you the general idea of what a good one would look like. Sandfall is what I believe to be one of the best project treads out here right now, why not have a look at that?

Not trying to sound mean and if I am I am very sorry. Good luck with your project ^_^

I did this in bullet points as I went along, so I've put it in a spoiler.

-Your title screen is a lump of JPG artifacts. Save it as bitmap (or PNG) FFS.
-Choice of sex!
-World name? WTF does that mean?
-Named character Reginald.
-Made Reginald a fighter, as it matches his sprite.
-Misspelled 'their' and possibly 'armor' depending on whether creator is British or not.
-No preview of 'looks'; hard to decide without seeing first.
-But wait, there's a confirmation screen; good.
-Chose #4; he looks like a Reginald to me.
-Now what the fuck am I supposed to do? Who are these people? Where am I?
-Immediately is misspelled, and not even phonetically.
-Lieutenant is misspelled, and I have no idea what a martin is.
-Minor grammar error on Markus' first line. The comma would be better as a semicolon.
-Choice of the word 'naked' is a little comical, since Reginald's sprite is fully clothed. Unarmed/unprepared is suggested.
-Bronze items very obviously not bronze.
-Even my little brother agrees that the mapping is awful; he doesn't even produce games.
-Lack of border at the top of the map is slightly annoying, as I'd hoped to walk up there.
-Okay, I touched a flower, and am now in another screen. Whatev.
-I also suddenly have a second party member; was not notified. Was he in the flower?
-Took Markus' shield; am an asshole.
-Markus keeps getting stuck on a tree; this is not good.
-Talked to a green dude.
-There is only one choice. Why make it a choice at all?
-Past is misspelled, you sad little man. Also, you're missing a comma.
-S button? Assgn?
-Assgned a hotkey and attacked a cock.
-Cock did not retaliate; WTF.
-Item bag did not disappear after I took the cock's money.
-Okay, there it went. Is there a delay? Why is there a delay?
-Talked to green dude's twin brother then paces away.
-Was advanced along the narrow, constricting path for no good reason.
-What is a Muradin and why are they summoning a shell? What is a shell?
-Destory? Do you proofread this stuff? Honestly.
-That was painfully easy. Markus took care of it, even when I took his shield.
-Why am I attacking a throw rug?
-Look at all those scrub bushes all in a row like that. It looks like a bush farm.
-Wow, you took all your music from the same game. At least you're thorough.
-Died at the hands of a tree man; made a new dude.
-He is a cleric named Titty.
-Titty has apparently kept the same hotkeys that I set previously.
-Why do I have to put poor Titty in a dress? He deserves better than that.
-Again, the cocks don't fight back. They're roadblocks. They're... they're cockblocks.
-Titty is as good a fight as Reginald, or so it seems.
-I'm a little disappointed that I have to go into the menu to see Markus' gauges.
-Killed by the exact same spell from the exact same tree man as before.

Uh... What?

What's the story? Why are the little people doing what they are doing? It's fine that you are using the RTP, but at least come up with a detailed storyline.

Your mapping is bad, the days of your type of mapping ended a LONG time ago (Reminds me of Dragon Quest... Yeah). This game could use some improvement...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.