Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Visual Studio XNA Error (RESOLVED)

RESOLVED

Hello! I installed Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 and XNA Game Studio Framework 4.0 and whenever I try to make new
"C# XNA Windows Game Project" I get this error message.

Anyone know what it could be?

2ahcyea.png

Thanks in advance.

It looks like it didn't install a required file. I'd suggest reinstalling XNA.
You also have a strange project directory there. Try making a project in My Documents or something.

I've heard around everyone is shifting to Monogame from XNA, porting their stuff over - I think it'd be worth installing+learning that as well instead of just XNA.

Does that file exist in C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\XNA Game Studio\?

Also XNA is deprecated, everyone is moving to MonoGame now.

EDIT: Lol ZenVirZan we replied at the same time

Which file is missing and where? I still dont understand that. Does XNA work on all 2013 versions at all?
I am using XNA for school that's why. Does MonoGame have the same classes?

XNA used to work on Visual Studio 2014 versions. But now I cant find VS 2014 versions anywhere, what happened to them!?

Thanks in advance

RESOLVED

Problem solved lol. I didnt find a correct download. I didnt get the folders with XNA Shared, Distributable and Framework in the first zip. I installed it from another site and got these folders.

How akward...

Thanks anyways :)

ZenVirZan":27xign0l said:
It looks like it didn't install a required file. I'd suggest reinstalling XNA.
You also have a strange project directory there. Try making a project in My Documents or something.

I've heard around everyone is shifting to Monogame consultant SEO Paris from XNA, porting their stuff over - I think it'd be worth installing+learning that as well instead of just XNA.
I’m a new member here and I think that this site is a very good one because there are many different subjects and various tips!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.