Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Very, very complicated request...

Okay... I'd like to request something that I think is rather complicated to pull off, but I'm hoping it's possible.

First of all, I'd like to say that my game is an action game with comedy elements overlayed by a serious plotline. That being the case, some of the segments of the game parody other, already existing games.

In this specific segment, the hero is trapped in the villain's ship, and while the villain is away, his supercomputer assistant watches over the hero. Being bored just sitting around watching, the wisecracking computer decides to use our hero to test out the villain's experimental portal launcher... See where I'm going with this?

Basically, I want a script that will let the character use a portal launcher like in the Valve Orange Box game, Portal, which this segment of the game will parody. Only when the launcher is equipped will the player be able to use the portals, and there will be one button for launching a blue portal, another for a yellow one.

Oh, and if it's possible, could whoever is carrying out this request make it so that you can see where one portal's destination is through the other portal?

If someone answers this request, please drop a reply telling me that you're planning on working on it. Your name will be in the credits for sure, as well as whatever other reward within my power I can give you! ^^

The Sparx-1 science enrichment center thanks you in advance for your participation in this project! :P

Yep, but one question, how are you going to implement this into a 2-D RPG? :p There aren't any ceilings or walls you can shoot onto, well maybe walls, but that'd be very difficult; at the very least, you'll only be able to launch portals on the ground.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.