Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

'User State Giving Skills' and 'Mr. Mo's ABS', possible conversion?

I'm not sure if this will help, but if the two scripts are incompatible, you might want to use a Common Event instead of a script for 'User State Giving Skills'.

Just do this:

@> Conditional Branch: [Actor] is [State] inflicted
@> Change Skills: [Actor], + [Skill]
@>
: Else
@> Change Skills: [Actor], - [Skill]
@>
: Branch End
@>

Make it a Parallel Process and make one for each actor. Hope I helped!

----
Edit:
----

Just saw the User State Giving Skill script O.o. The name really doesn't work..
Anyway, it can still be done with common events.

Add a common event telling it to change the state of the actor.
Example: @> Change State: [Basil], + [KnockOut]
and attach it to the Fire Skill (I'm using the example from the script). If you want more than one character to have that skill, make an identical skill but attach another common event to it telling it to change the state of a different actor.

Yeah, the name of the script can be taken both ways, It had me confused at first to.
I tried that suggestion though, and it doesn't seem to work with attack spells and Mr. Mo's SBABS.
I was trying to make a sort of invulnerability to one of the incredibly weak explosive skills. But I couldn't pull it off with common events. Hence me coming here to ask about this script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.