Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Untravaersil's custom (amateur) menu edits

Untra

Sponsor

I'm offering myself up as a amateur request scripter for experience. I don't want to embark on too many requests at once, so for now I am willing to take up no more than three requests at once. These are free custom menu edits just for you. They will be shown publicly. They will be made at my request. I reserve any right to turn down your request if I see fit, or if it seems too elaborate. Again, this is mostly for experience, so I apologize If it looks absolutely craptastic. You have been warned.

Current requests: none

I'm wanting to learn how to make more advanced scripts, namely for me, myself and I. But seeing as I still have a ways to learn, I figure I might as well try my hand at making some scripts for me, my friends, and you. So here's your chance to get some free work done just for you. Yay. I offer the following services:

• Character Parameter algorithm alterations (E.G. make every 10 points of str add 1 point to atk)
  • Various Battle Formula edits
  • Status menu edits (mockup required)
  • Main Menu character status edits (mockup required)
  • General Default edits ([NORMAL] used as text for no status
  • text color edits
  • Various Menu changes (mockup required)
  • Other small edits (don't be afraid to ask)
  • Any edit done in a Window_anything script (mockup may be required)

The rules are pretty basic. I'm going at my own pace, so don't expect any elaborate custom menu systems. If I deem your project too difficult, then I will not undertake it. I'll try and have all requests finished in under two weeks apiece. I will not be providing direct scripts, but rather directions on what needs to be edited. Your request will be shown publicly, so concerning whether or not the menu is individually yours, it's not. If there is a better board to post this in, please feel free to move it mr.mods

Feel free to ask anything. I'm all ears.

simple(?) chapter select menu
Script for: RMXP
I think my request is fairly easy. It's a menu simular to how MoMoMoMo's Cg viewer looks and works.

http://f53.aaa.livedoor.jp/~momomo/rgss/rgss_cg_mode.html
Here is an example of the layout

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g304/dark_linis/menu.jpg[/img]

There can be a call event or switch or variable, (doesnt matter long as it gets the job done though I do prefer switches or variables) that can lock/unlock chapters.  There should be 9 chapters available (and if possable a hidden one or two under 9) what does this script really do? It simply teleports the player to a map.
The menu is to spice things up, however it really doesn't need to be so graphic.

when the player selects a chapter that hasn't been unlocked, a SE plays. If the chapter is unlocked then the script asks the player if they would like to continue and if yes, they teleport to the map for that chapter, if not they...just stay where they were. ^_^

so in summery. A menu that is image based and teleports the player to a new map when one of the images are selected and that paticular image is enabled. , make sence?
Thank You.
almost directly from the tread. Does this meet your requirements?
(I think it deals with windows....)
ah... but you said "edits".

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.