Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Unleashed

Tdata

Sponsor

If at all possible I would like to request an Unleash Script. 

What is it?
  To understand it i'll first give a few examples:  Kyubi in Naruto; Yoma in Claymores; Devil Golem in Atsuma's Arm. 
  So, basically a huge power that they can't completely control. 

What should it do?
  The player slowly gains control of the power, but if they 'draw' too much, they go into a berserker type state.  Yet they aren't always able to get any power.
  The ability to turn it on and off at will. 
      Basiclly i mean ways to Suppress the power.  Be it Skills, items or presence. 
  Ability to use more of the power at higher levels. 
  'Transformations' at certain power usage.  Along the lines of the three examples.  Stat bonuses, active weapon changes, etc...
  The more the actor uses the power, the more is drawn. 
      Say actor1 powers up to 10%.  That gives him a certain amount of power to use.  He uses attacks that use the power.  He decides that he can control more, so he uses a skill requiring a minimum of 30% power.  He goes with 35%.  Well after 10 turns of using the power, he is pulling almost 60% of his max.  Unfortunatly it is too much for him.  He goes beserk and starts attacking everything and everyone... Luckily he didn't pass critical, 63%, as that would kill him...  One of his partners uses a SupSkill on him to return him to normal.

Give an example of it working in game.
  Actor1 has a fire elemental inside her.  All her life she had an easy time controlling fire.  One day she wanders into the cave of a great bear.  She, without knowing how, calls forth some of the fire elemental's power.  It being too much for her mind to control, her body moves of it's own accord killing the bear.  She goes and learns how to control it over many years.  Now she can call out almost all of the power and still be in control, but it changes her body to resemble the fire elemental's.  At about 10% her body becomes covered in flames giving her an edge on physical Atk and Def...  And so on...

Feel free to ask me to explain anything you need.

It's a good idea. You should include Alucard's (Hellsing) one too. And, since Integra Hellsing was the one who could allow Alucard to use full power...

Also, after some level, if they break control, you won't turn off at will. Maybe something that give the Actor1 an automatic battle until the end of battle, with the possibility to attack friends.

Tdata

Sponsor

You misunderstand the at will part.  I mean something like how Yamoto can suppress the kyubi's chakra or how Raki's presence allows Claire to suppress her Yoki.  So at will translates to: Suppression Skills, Suppression Items, Suppressive Presences.  Also at will is at my, the game creator's, pleasure though a switch of some sort.  I'll edit my above post to include more details.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.