Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Twilight of Heroes: Need input on the battle system

mawk

Sponsor

It's difficult to determine the flow of a battle when you're stunlocking a placeholder enemy that can't fight back. The animations are certainly pretty, but with all the flashy effects and the cluttered HUD it's tough to tell what's actually going on. You've certainly put a lot into different skills and party members, but it seems like you're mostly standing in one place and tossing combos at a practice dummy; that's not really the best sort of video to judge a battle's flow by.

As an aside, I'd turn down the volume on the music a little, or equalize the video. It's pretty loud, and the noise was a most rude shock having my headphones in after listening to some other music.

I forgot to tell that monster is the weakest of all monster (so it's the first monster I have currently done) and it only has two attacks (it does attack if you notice in the video) I think the reason it doesn't seem to move is the skill's status effect (specially Stun and Shock which both render the enemy immobile)

Boss monster will be a different story though (will use more skills than the hero in the video) and isn't affected by status effect o.o

Sound is caused by my recorder, it amplifies the sound for some weird reason (I already did a half volume, probably will do more next vid)

And yeah the HUD is a huge mess right now since it's the last in my list (you can even see the overlapping HUD ^^;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.