Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Tutorial battles

is it possible to have a script to setup tutorial battles? like in pokemon where the battle is controlled by the cpu to show you how to catch a pokemon or when you get a new feature in a game and it shows you a quick tutorial in battle to show you how it works

well im hoping to have more than one tutorial battle (because ill be having different features introduced at different times) so i was hoping for it to be customizable and im going to be using Tricksters Multi View CBS but im waiting for version 2 right now so it would be good for this battle system http://www.rmxp.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9886&highlight=*reaper or the DBS and maybe compatible with Tricksters MVCBS once 2.0 comes out

well they way i want it is that i want the player to still be doing the battle, but they can only do the actions i want them too, an example would be say a new character in the party has a stealing ability, i want them to use it so they move through the commands, but cant use any of them except the steal command (ie theyre all greyed out)

so technically i would only need a script that can disable commands that i dont need in that particular battle (user can choose which ones are disabled and which are not) as i can do the descriptions of the new commands and such through events

ccoa

It's possible, but you're not going to get it until you tell us what battle system you're using, because no one can write it for you without that vital information.

Also, you'll need to be much more specific - what happens on what turn?

I don't see why you need a script.. ? Just create a CPU vs. CPU battle, or create an extra character and do 'Force Action' as events throughout the battle. You can create text to show, animations, make them perform specific attacks... from what you've said so far, a script is really unnecessary. ;/

well they way i want it is that i want the player to still be doing the battle, but they can only do the actions i want them too, an example would be say a new character in the party has a stealing ability, i want them to use it so they move through the commands, but cant use any of them except the steal command (ie theyre all greyed out)

Same here... Just like FFX or Pok?mon... Even though pok?mon is worse than FFX...

Hm... not sure if there's an ingame commands to disable certain actions... but, if nothing else, I think you might be able to create a battle-event system in which it will disallow you from choosing a selection, such as with a message

"No, not ---! Try using your Steal ability on the opponent!"

Y'know, that sort of thing... I know a lot of people making tutorials with events alone, so while this script may or may not be unnecessary, I've got a good feeling it would be pretty convenient for many RMXPers.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.