Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Turn-Based-Strategy Battles? (Realistic Zombie Game)

Script Request Template
This is a request for a new script.

Script Title:
Turn Based Strategy Battles
RMXP or RMVX:
XP
Detailed Description:
How this script will work, is that when you enter into a battle... you have a screen that has your characters at the bottom, and the monsters at the top. From here, it is turn based. An example of such a battle system is from Ultima: Exodus (for the Nintendo Entertainment System AKA. NES).
Screen shots:
This image is from Ultima Exodus, and is generally what I am looking for. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... Battle.jpg
Other Scripts I am using (in order):
At the moment, I am working on two projects: A Fantasy Game, and a Zombie Survival Game. What I need a script like this for, is the Zombie game. When you are walking around, Zombies are chasing you. When they bump into you, they start up a battle. From here, I want to make custom maps for the battles, and it'll be a turn based battle. Characters will be equipped with guns and have limited ammunition. When they run out of ammunition they can should be able to switch to a knife, or other type of hand-to-hand weapon.
Health should be displayed, as well as what weapon is equipped and how much ammunition is left.

I will try to look around for something involving infection later on, where every step you take... deals damage to you. Probably just going to incorporate "Poison", but make it so that there is no antidote, or at least one that is hard to find.

My goal here is to make a long-term, realistic Zombie apocalypse game. So, I'm going to need a battle system like the one I described, with that system I need for the character to be able to use both ranged and melee weapons. If possible, each ranged weapon should have different amount of ranges (Example: Pistol can only shoot 5 squares, rifle can shoot 10) also, some should have an area effect (Example: Grenade, Shotgun, Rocket Launcher)

I'm sorry if I'm asking for so much, I have very, very little experience with scripting and from what I have tried to learn... it's just so complicated and confusing to me. I hope that something like this can be created, and if not... then I don't know what I'm going to do.

Again, thanks for your help. I will be checking back to this thread often.

-Talon

Thanks! That is pretty much what I'm looking for.

Right now, I'm looking for some sort of easy step-by-step tutorial for that system. The help section in the scripts isnt "newb-friendly" enough for my level of n00b.

Thanks again!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.