Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Turn Based Puppet Skill

In my current project (that utilizes the Tankentai SBS), one of my characters is a puppet user (like from the Naruto series) but I want him to have a skill where he pulls out a scroll and summons a puppet that stays on the battle field next to him for the duration of the battle (the scroll as well, floating above his head) but each time he uses the skill, an additional puppet is summoned, until he will eventually have a total of 7 floating around him. I also would like it that when certain puppets are on the field, he can use particular skills. eg. when puppets 1, 3 and 6 are out, he can use a skill that uses those three
hope this is possible, thanks in advance ~Vipertynan :thumb:

The topic icon is enough. Either you use an icon or you specify the maker in your topic, or both if you feel like it.

About your request, I'm sure you can do that with a common event. Since the Takentai CBS uses the battler sprite as a character sprite, maybe you can make a battler sprite of your character for each pupets. Like Actor01_Pup1, Actor01_Pup2, Actor01_Pup3, ans so on. And on your skill, make it call a common event. This common event would increase a Variable (Puppet number) and depending on this number, you change the actor's battler graphic for the new one. Let say the variable is 3, then you change the battler graphic for Actor01_Pup3.

But,
when puppets 1, 3 and 6 are out, he can use a skill that uses those three
Do you mean that the puppets act independently of the actor? Because it would change everything.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.