Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Treasure of The Rudra magic system.

I wonder if there's a script that'll allow you to combine two or more words together to create a spell like in the SNES game Treasure of the Rudra?
If so it would help in my game.

Oooh, I was just thinking of posting a script request like this! I'm surprised someone else thought of it too! It sounds like a very difficult thing to implement, especially if it's your game and you want to decide what words to use.

Is it okay if I bump this? I think it would be a neat idea, and certainly a challenge. I'm not sure how a system like the Treasures of the Rudras' Mantras system would be implemented.

I think it would be interesting, and it's a great system to allow the player to have a greater input on the game from their perspective, which I think is an important aspect of video gaming.

oh wow completely forgot about this

(note: remind me about requests or I will forget I run through many scripts per day and I am currently maintaining over 75 of my own scripts.)

Well I'll see what I can do but classes have started and I am low on time (also see above note)

Yeah, that's okay.

I was just thinking, this sounds almost like it might be almost as hard for the game designer to implement as the scripter. I mean, they'd have to choose which words they'd want to mean what... perhaps. But when you think about it, to implement it effectively, there's so many words or phrases or prefixes/suffixes to have to take into consideration.

It sounds like hard work.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.