Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The sketch thread!

NO PIXEL ART in this thread! That goes in the other thread. Thank you.

Want a place to post a quick sketch you just did, but don't want to make a whole thread? Your wish has been fulfilled!

Basically, if you have a quick sketch or drawing you want to show that doesn't merit a whole thread to itself, then just post it here.

I'll start off with a few sketches of my own. These were all scanned from my handy-dandy lil' sketchbook! :3 (note: the pages were a bit hard to see when I scanned them so I messed with the contrast so they'd be easier to see, hence the shoddy look)
sketch1.jpg

Just a bunch of assorted faces. The proportions are way off, I know. And as the stickman on the bottom says, my strokes are really jabby and I'm working on smoothing them out.
sketch2.jpg

I tried to draw a piggy bank and kinda failed miserably, but I like how the cartoony version of my dog turned out :D
sketch3.jpg

This guy is an otter character I enjoy drawing. I'm really working on figure drawing and I know this one is really wonky (the hands especially) but I kinda like it. And I dunno why he's saying "come on" actually, I just started drawing him and it sort of ended up like that I guess. :/
sketch4.jpg

Practicing drawing hands. I wasn't going for a very realistic approach but a simpler version. (four digits, anyone?) As you can see I still need more practice. Also, robot.

Alright, your turn!

Okay cool, first off before I post I'd like to thank my inspirations:
Wyatt; after your pr0n has always been best of the class
That weird beaver-toothed crocodile/raptor thing in my pool
And Barny; I love you
I'd also like to mention that this pic is drawn in loving memory of Michael Jackson...

And so without further ado my 5 a.m. masterpiece:
(warning it is absolutely GIGANTIC! I will have to resize it when I have the time; and are willing to move my lazy ass :P)
SCAN00091.JPG
XD

Hey, this is a great thread, Devvy! I like your sketches. They're rough but very expressive. Velocir, your thing is too big, so I didn't get a good look at it.

Let's see....errrr... This is the only random sketch I did recently that comes to mind:

zip.jpg

A friend of mine in a zombie game has the name Zombie in Pajamas, which he insists is a metaphor for wolf in sheep's clothing. He hates it when people take it literally. xD @ me

mawk

Sponsor

wario.png

it basically just started out as half of a head in silhouette because I wanted to draw one. then I wrecked it w/a halfbaked face because that's how I roll.

and then I added a lot of extra bs because that's also how I roll

"theremin" is there because I keep forgetting what a theremin is

I am very proud of the shirt I drew myself wearing. it is a bear fighting a shark. it is my favourite shirt.

mawk

Sponsor

Venetia":2j4zeojr said:
step on no pets
so, cat, a rap: all it rot.

also the :( was because grownup pippi looks seriously bummed.

stick with rev, man. then you can drive a fast car and solve mysteries/do action fights

Rev Stockman, professional fightsracer

mr. stockman I can't see that without thinking "grunty in s.t.a.l.k.e.r." it'd be a cool matchup

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.