Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Results

Contest Results

After much careful consideration, the winners have been chosen.

I hope that having played the games you'd come quickly to the same conclusion. The quality has been great, but we have a clear winner.

Each game will have a full writeup in the next eZine; I'll go indepth with full reviews explaining why people won what they did there.

1st Place: Injury, Fractus Stellarum

Injury's space epic goes above and beyond what I expected from this contest. It's beautifully animated, and the sound, for one, was enough for it to win this contest, without anything else. While I am not personally a fan of tactical battle systems, a lot of thought has gone into the design of the enemies and the layout of maps for them. If you haven't played it yet I thoroughly recommend it.

Injury wins a copy of RPG Maker VX Ace, 100 project points, and a HBGames sponsorship.

2nd Place: Sleeping Duck, The Hermit

Choosing 1st and 2nd place was difficult, and both have their merits and pitfalls. However, after difficult consideration The Hermit wins second place. My main reasoning is that it's gameplay, rather than merely being an item gathering game, was based around puzzles that I found fun to complete. I found the dialogue interesting and witty, and more effort was put into the game thread. It was however a very tough call.

Sleeping Duck will win a large selection of games from the Humble Bundle, a sponsorship, and 75 project points.

3rd Place: Rob_Riv, The Lantern Collector

Lantern Collector was a fun little gathering game with a storyline added on. Created in just two days, it nonetheless has some beautiful mapping.

Rob_Riv, as there were only three entrants, will win some games from the Humble Bundle, 50 project points and a sponsorship.

Community Champion: Wanderer of Myst

With so little discussion going on it was difficult to choose a winner. My first thought was Guardian, who provided fantastic support and commentary on people's games. In the end, however, after a lot of thought and consideration, the winner had to be WandererofMyst. Despite not entering the contest himself, he nonetheless created music for other people's games, and released a lot of audio resources for the contest, going above and beyond anybody else. Hopefully you'll agree with this decision.

Wanderer of Myst wins the second copy of RPG Maker VX Ace, a sponsorship, and 75 support points.

Injury

Awesome Bro

Thank you very much! I will mess around with RVXA when I'm not pulling 24 hour duty...Or will I?!

Muahaha!

Look out for some music, or make some requests at the Music Festivus!

I'm thinking 8-bit!

W00t! Congrats everyone, and especially WandererOfMyst! If Amy could see our PM conversation, I think her doubts would have vanished :). Thanks for going out of your way and comfort zone to compose music that fits my game!

Oh, and I can't wait to read the writeup :)!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.