Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Lives of Asea Lylle

I have not made a concept topic in soo long I'm not sire where to begin...
I've decided to try my hand at game making again, as a hobby.
This game may be an RPG, but I doubt it will have much battling.
think interactive story, though more deeply interactive than a visual novel.
The Lives of Asea Lylle

]A world undivided. United under a single government, a single church, and a single language.
Asea finds himself alone.[

When his father, a radical trying to start his own underground church, is discovered, Asea is forced to run. To escape the being used as bait for his father, he quickly assumes a general role in the city slum. But when word of his father giving secret seminars reaches Asea, all that it translates to is anger.
The story follows Asea, a boy only beginning to break into his life as he is thrust into another one.. And soon enough another.

World:
The world of this game is ruled by a complicated government of lords and governors, with high priests at the top. The government also is the church/runs the church. False religions, and alcohol are illegal.

Characters:
Asea Lylle
Male, 20
Angry and confused about why this is happening to him.
He is strong willed, and curious.
But his character changes alot throughout the story.

Somewhat spoilery info about the actual events of the story,
• the church comes to kill his father for starting a new religion. Asea and his father both escape, though separately.
• asea lives on the streets before becoming a part of a street gang of sorts. He hears about his father's sermons and finds his father. He kills him in anger ( that he was forced into this slum, and lost his previous life because of his father)
• as the reality of killing his father sets in, asea attempts suicide by jumping, and survives. Thinking this was the gods second chance for him, he becomes a part of a local church.
• when the church calls for militia, asea is chosen for his strength and personality. He is given the duty of protecting a lords tower.
• in the night a group of activists attempt to break in and kill most of the guards. Asea stops them and kills them all. He becomes a sort of hero, and is given a better position.
• asea, on his new job at a bigger tower, overhears a lord making plans for stealing a higher authority, and then blackmails them into some money.
• at a dinner for some guards that did well that month, aseas neighboring guest drinks from asea's cup and falls over dead. Asea causes a ruckus, a fight, and then escapes from the dinner.
• on the run again, he leaves town for another place to live. Halfway there he stops at a bar/inn, and brings a lady upstairs. When he turns his back, he finds the key to his horse-lock and money gone with the girl.
• back downstairs he sits at the bar and bgins a conversation with the bartender, to whom he explains what happened. The bartender says he can give him a ride to where he's going, for a small favor. Bring some alcohol to a customer in town.
• thats it so far, but the next part will feature him in the underground world of alcohol dealers.

Any thoughts? Leave a constructive comment below. Thanks!
Chris

Pm me of you'd like to help with this project

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.