Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The best battle system

Hi everybody I have a question: What is the best battle system for rmxp?
Now i am using the default battle system wich is stupid because it is a smash-the-button-to-win battle system where you can defeat anybody by just attacking, attacking and attacking (smashing the button. It doesn't matter what kind of battle system it is sideview, rtab anything is fine as long as it isn't a smash-the-button-to-win battle system.

thanks

By 'not smash the button' I assume you just mean you don't want a system where choosing the right choice will win you the battle. What you're looking for is either a tactical battle system (like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars) or an ABS (like Legend of Zelda where you actually fight on the map). Search for the one you want and you should get a nice helping of results.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.