Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

The Amazing Screw-On Head

Marcus

Sponsor

If you guys are fans of comic books and good animations, you have to watch the pilot for The Amazing Screw-On Head

It's based on a One-Shot comic book by Mike Mignola (the guy who made Hellboy). It takes place in a steampunk 1850s lovecraftian universe (ironic because Lovecraft wasn't born for another half a century) where Abraham Lincoln calls upon a disembodied head called Screw-On Head who has the ability to attach himself to various robotic bodies to battle against the evil Dr. Zombie. He does this with the help of his personal assistance Mr. Groin and his long-dead dog preserved through taxidermy named Mr. Dog who can sniff out evil anywhere in the world (and is often impaled, crushed, beaten, and burned).

The show follows Mignola's signature style with it's saturated colors and heavy use of shadows. For an animated show, it's very stylized and the animation itself is smooth and crisp. The show has this offbeat tongue-in-cheek humor that leaves a few chuckles as it takes a stab at Patriotic thinking and Civil War ignorance.

The pilot revolves around a search for a radish containing another universe which releases a Lovecraftian "Elder God." It features Dr. Zombie and his associates the three old women; a vampire named Patience who has control over vermin, a techno-geek wearing a massive robotic suit, and a lycanthrope. They're also accompanied by a Tommy Gun toting monkey.

I think it's a good show so if you like it as well drop a comment in sci-fi's survey box. I hope this becomes syndicated because the last good avante-garde animated show I've seen was Aeon Flux and that was 10 years ago.

This...was actually very entertaining. The humor involved is very funny, and the animation is great. That's the one thing I like about comic books, there doesn't need to be a reason for strange things. A lot of the times, they just...are. It leads to some very interesting plots. So I give this a 10/10.

I totally forgot about this...thanks for reminding me! Amazing style and very funny, especially Emperor Zombie. Voice acting was amazing. Molly Shannon rules, of course. :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.